Thread: What string?

What string?

I have a new Lews reel and it is on a 7f Berkley Lightning rod. I will be using it for worm.fishing. what line and weight should I spool it up.with and why do you.say that? Thanks
    A generous man will prosper; He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25

I'll tell you what i'd use.. Of course i use braid to a copolymer leader but you don't have to..
    If it's the 7'm rod I'd probably go with 12lb. If it's the medium heavy and you're throwing bigger worms you'll probably want 14 or so..
    I use p-line original for leader material or main line when i do run straight line without braid.. Tacklewarehouse carries the original but bps and others carry different p-line..

17 lb p-line cx.

4. Member
    What rod is this? casting or spinning to start with.

Casting rod
    A generous man will prosper; He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25

6. Member
    I would use 12# with 1/8 or 3/16 weight, I like McCoy copolymer.

7. Member
    Most of my Trig/jig reels I prefer 14# Sunline Sniper. To help keep cost down I spool reel partially with cheap mono and then put 100yds of Sniper on.

8. Member
    I still use mono for most of my fishing, but I'll second the vote for using Sunline Sniper for worm fishing - I like 16# test but that all depends on where you fish. I know it's expensive but I honestly believe it improves what I can feel.