MotorMate contact points for ‘17 Evinrude 115HP ETEC HO

Hello,

I just received a MotorMate today. Model # 10-101-SS. I am unsure if this is the right fit for my 2017 Evinrude 115HP ETEC HO. I am attaching a photo of the 10-101-SS installed correctly at transom in the holes. I have circled two spots in green and red. Can anyone confirm which contact point is right (green or red), if at all? I’m concerned that I do not have the right model number, even though I called weeks ago and was told that this is indeed the model I need for my outboard. For what it’s worth, the contact point is the RED circle but the motor shakes like crazy. I think it should contact on one of the bolts in the GREEN circle. Please advise if you know. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I have a Yamaha and on mine in goes over nuts on both sides of the motor. I say the GREEN is correct if you have nuts on both sides of the motor at the same spot.

Make sure you have your motor centered.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

3. Member
    I have nuts on both sides. Motor is straight. The problem is that they only have one other model for Evinrude and it is for the big motors. This motor mate is 3.5-4 inches too narrow to reach the nuts. In this case, the RED circle is the only possible point of contact. I just don’t feel like it’s the right contact and the images they provide don’t help at all.

4. Member
    I have nuts on both sides. Motor is straight. The problem is that they only have one other model for Evinrude and it is for the big motors. This motor mate is 3.5-4 inches too narrow to reach the nuts. In this case, the RED circle is the only possible point of contact. I just don’t feel like it’s the right contact and the images they provide don’t help at all.

5. Member
    I would get a measurement between the 2 nuts. Then call MotorMate and get the measurement of the other bracket that you say was for the big engines.

I do not think the RED circle is the correct spot.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

6. Member
    I agree that this is not the correct spot. They may not make one for my motor? I have written to them with pics and will follow up tomorrow. Thanks Cover Dog!

Why not use the bracket that comes with the motor?
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

Quote Originally Posted by e-tec View Post
    +1... I have pulled thousands of miles using nothing but the factory flip down trailer bracket. Evinrude has been putting them on there for 20+ years. If it was a poor design then it sure has has been around for a long time.

9. Member
    I also used the factory flip down bracket for many years no problem.

10. Member
    Thanks, guys. I have been using the flip down service lever for the last 6 months. It works. The problem is that it shakes on the road. A lot. With this 115, I wanted to cinch it down and the MotorMate was an obvious choice. On my friends’ outboards, you can shake the outboard and move the whole boat. Outboard doesn’t move. When using my flip down service lever, trimmed down until snug, motor bounces around way too much for my comfort. What size motors do y’all have...those of you using flip down bracket?

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by e-tec View Post
    That's what Evinrude recommends. Hasn't been an issue for my G1 175 for 3 years and over 15k towing.

12. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Any size Evinrude, up to the 250. Are you also using steering stops when using the flip-down bracket? If not, you should. They will firm it up 300%.

Quote Originally Posted by bassinlouisiana View Post
    Thanks, guys. I have been using the flip down service lever for the last 6 months. It works. The problem is that it shakes on the road. A lot. With this 115, I wanted to cinch it down and the MotorMate was an obvious choice. On my friends’ outboards, you can shake the outboard and move the whole boat. Outboard doesn’t move. When using my flip down service lever, trimmed down until snug, motor bounces around way too much for my comfort. What size motors do y’all have...those of you using flip down bracket?
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Green

14. Member
    ChampioNman, thank you. yes I’ve seen that video several times. I have that MotorMate and it does and will NOT for in that location. Bracket is too narrow. By like 4”.

15. Member
    This is just an update. I received an email from MotorMate saying that this IS the correct model for my motor but it should connect with recessed nuts on both sides. Conclusion: MotorMate DOES NOT make a unit that fits the 2017 Evinrude 115HP ETEC HO. This is probably true for these newer units in different HPs. Sending back and going to use built in lever or an alternative. I should like to say that I wish MotorMate would not tell customers that “this is the right model for your motor” and yet it does not fit. My 2 cents for the day. Anyway, all is well in the world. Thanks everyone for chiming in!!

16. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassinlouisiana View Post
    I used the flip down bracket on my 99 Ficht 150 for about 10 years. When I re-powered with a new 150 E-TECH in 2014 I started using the flip down bracket on day one and have never using anything else. Now I must add that in order to keep the motor from having side to side movement you must put steering clips on the cylinders for you hydraulic steering. I made my own steering clips. Here is a link to a post I made 13 years ago showing how to make them. if for some reason you can not see the pictures let me know...http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....steering+clips

The yoke on the new E-tec is a different width than the older E-tec motors,about 2". I have a motormate from my old motor, does not fit my new E-tec. Motormate has not released a newer version for the 115 E-tec, I am on their email notification list, for years. Went back to the old style transom saver. For me, that was the most effective alternative.