Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I must have been drunk.....

Well as you guys know, I always beat the two stroke Evinrude drum on these boards. Have been known to take a jab at Johhny Morris from time to time, and always let it be known about my thoughts on a certain Black cowled motor. So after selling my boat and looking at some used ones here and there the wife said she would just prefer I buy new for the warranty and not inheriting some guys headache, blah, blah, blah. Now I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth so I went out and won the trifecta. Saturday I'm picking up my 2019 Pro Team 195TXW with a 150 ProXS. SO lets see, 4 stroke....., from Johnny Morris...…, black cowl....., I must have been drinking. I like the layout of the boat and after 10 hours or so I should know about the motor, it looks sharp for sure. My brother just bought a Z18 last year with the regular 150 and he said I'll like it, so I'm confident even this old dog can learn a new trick. I'll still be stalking about the tin board even though y'all kicked Tracker to the curb, hope you don't mind.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

Im honestly at a loss for words..........
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Finally got with a winner
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

4. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Im honestly at a loss for words..........
    You can say that again.....

At least he didn't go to the Dark Side => "Oh, look how pretty my Vexus is..."
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

5. Member
    Some people really do get smarter when they drink.

6. Member
    You will like it.

7. Member
    if you can't beat them , join them...
    2018 Crestliner PT20
    2018 Evinrude G2 200 H.O.
    Duel 8' PP blades
    Atlas hydraulic jackplate

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    Dang, rough crowd...
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200

10. Member
    Both smarter and richer when you drink. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

Congrats on the new boat. I am curious tho if you dont mind answering. Why sell a pre johnny morris ranger especially after being one of the vocal people about him acquiring ranger and end up buying a Tracker boat? Especially one that had “transom issues”. Sorry just curious its quite a change......
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Congrats on the new boat. I am curious tho if you dont mind answering. Why sell a pre johnny morris ranger especially after being one of the vocal people about him acquiring ranger and end up buying a Tracker boat? Especially one that had “transom issues”. Sorry just curious its quite a change......
    The plan wasn't to buy a new boat after selling the Ranger, it was to find and buy a used 'cash" boat and pay off an outstanding debt, unforeseen ac compressor and air handler for house. After not turning up many suitable choices in used boats the wife said she actually preferred I look at a new boat again for HER peace of mind, warranty and all. She quasi fishes with me but loves tagging along with a Bluetooth speaker and/or a book, so who am I to deny her request . Upon looking I found a 2019 Nitro Z18, The Tracker I bought, and a 2019 Ranger RT198 that were below market all at the same Cabela's. I wanted the Nitro first but it was sold the night before I went to look. I came down to the Tracker and Ranger. Tracker had the ProXS and the Ranger had the regular 150, moot point in my book so it came down to the wife. She didn't like the coin box in the Ranger..... Ranger was 31K, Tracker was 28K.... she said I like the red one better, I said yes ma'am. I did tell her about the transom on the early models but to my knowledge it hasn't been a problem since, so I feel good about it. I also know Mercury makes good motors, they all do, just like kicking ant piles I guess. It will be my first Mercury ever so there is a lot riding on this ones shoulders. One of my brothers bought a Z18 last year and his first Mercury has been a pleasant surprise as he told me this week. So I guess it does seem weird to pay off your debt to get into debt, but who will ever so NO to the wife when she says lets just buy another NEW boat.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200

I think you bought a good motor. Personally, I would not worry at all about the motor. Mercury makes a fine product and I have owned several. If I am right, I think it comes with a 5 year warranty now. I would own that motor in a heartbeat. Congrats.

I did not see the spec....but I hope it has an Ultrex for you on it. That is one of the best things I ever added to a boat. If it doesn't and you have not driven away with it, I would recommend changing it out.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

14. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Please keep / retain your Evinrude avatar, if for nothing else, old time sake or sentimental reasons...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

15. Member
    Congratulations, Think you’ll like it!
    2018 TRACKER PT 190 TX
    115 MERCURY PRO XS 4 STROKE
    Mercury spitfire X7 prop
    Vessel View mobile Installed
    2= Garmin ecomap 93sv plus
    Ram swing arm mount (console)
    Dek-it Bow mount (Bow)
    57" garmin force
    Supreme Ultimate Bunkboards
    3 Leaf 3000# leaf spring upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    I think you bought a good motor. Personally, I would not worry at all about the motor. Mercury makes a fine product and I have owned several. If I am right, I think it comes with a 5 year warranty now. I would own that motor in a heartbeat. Congrats.

I did not see the spec....but I hope it has an Ultrex for you on it. That is one of the best things I ever added to a boat. If it doesn't and you have not driven away with it, I would recommend changing it out.
    The 55#edge on the front will be for sale shortly, I have an 80# I5 motorguide with sonar on its way already along with new charger, 7" Hook2 for helm and my Millineum Pro 200 Seat for me up front and a Tempress bike seat for the back.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200

Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Please keep / retain your Evinrude avatar, if for nothing else, old time sake or sentimental reasons...
    Before selling the boat I was thinking of repowering with the new 3 cylinder 150 G2, so yeah the avatar can stay
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    The plan wasn't to buy a new boat after selling the Ranger, it was to find and buy a used 'cash" boat and pay off an outstanding debt, unforeseen ac compressor and air handler for house. After not turning up many suitable choices in used boats the wife said she actually preferred I look at a new boat again for HER peace of mind, warranty and all. She quasi fishes with me but loves tagging along with a Bluetooth speaker and/or a book, so who am I to deny her request . Upon looking I found a 2019 Nitro Z18, The Tracker I bought, and a 2019 Ranger RT198 that were below market all at the same Cabela's. I wanted the Nitro first but it was sold the night before I went to look. I came down to the Tracker and Ranger. Tracker had the ProXS and the Ranger had the regular 150, moot point in my book so it came down to the wife. She didn't like the coin box in the Ranger..... Ranger was 31K, Tracker was 28K.... she said I like the red one better, I said yes ma'am. I did tell her about the transom on the early models but to my knowledge it hasn't been a problem since, so I feel good about it. I also know Mercury makes good motors, they all do, just like kicking ant piles I guess. It will be my first Mercury ever so there is a lot riding on this ones shoulders. One of my brothers bought a Z18 last year and his first Mercury has been a pleasant surprise as he told me this week. So I guess it does seem weird to pay off your debt to get into debt, but who will ever so NO to the wife when she says lets just buy another NEW boat.
    Would definitely never say no to the boss giving the Ok to a new boat purchase. Fortunately for us we still got to pick exactly what we wanted lol.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

19. Banned
    to buy something you were always against.....................

20. Member
    Been a Mercury dealer for 25 plus years. Just can't go wrong with Mercs lineup of Fourstrokes. They are easy on the wallet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast