Gator Trax Strike Series 21' build pic #1

Last edited by Cashew Chicken; 01-22-2020 at 06:53 AM.

2. Member
    Cashew, I'm really interested in this build and I'm looking forward to the progress of your great new boat, so please keep us updated. What degree is this pad hull?

I'm really considering one of these over a Ranger or Bass Cat.

3. Banned

4. Member

Congrats going to be a nice ride.
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

crappielabrador, I'm uncertain about the deadrise. But clearly, it's not going to be like the majority of glass boats. H22BASS has done a great job in trying to explain the differences between this hull and the typical glass bass boat hull. I ordered this boat because of the way it's built, and Im too damn lazy to give a glass boat the attention it often times needs. Those bow to stern longitudinal floor braces (in the picture above) are 3/16 extruded tubing (not thin sheet aluminum shaped in a press). You have to try real hard to damage that stuff. According to Gator Trax, if you were to take that extruded bracing, thin it out to what other tin builders use, you could practically build an entire boat. And all of that stuff is stuff you never see, but you're glad it's there 20 years later. Anyway, here's a picture of the pad on these boats. This is a friend's boat that was just built last summer. He bought the 20' model. He is running a 200 SHO, flashed to 300. He's running just under 90, but believes he can get there. I'm coming out of Gamblers and Allisons...I will be satisfied with 80 :)

Last edited by Cashew Chicken; 01-22-2020 at 07:08 AM.

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Uh oh! Another TANK build in progress!

I’ll be following! Their strength, durability, and damn near custom builds always amaze me! What’s the power going to be??
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

8. Member

Casslaw, it's going to be rigged with a 10" Bob's Action Jack Plate and a new 200 SHO (flashed by Hydrotec). Honestly, if you want a Yamaha SHO, buying anything other than a 200 is wasted money, unless of course you fish sanctioned tournaments. The driver's console will have a flush mounted 12" Lowrance. A Stump Jumper transducer protector will be secured to the transom. Im having grab handles welded on top of the gunnels next to the passenger seat and the drivers seat. They were curious why I wanted a grab handle next to the drivers seat, and I told them it made for easy docking when pulling up to a ramp. The passenger console will have a glove box and a grab handle, and is removable with 3 thumbscrews. The center step between the seat going up the back deck will also serve as a storage for a throw cushion. The cooler will me modified to only half the original size with the other half as dry storage.
    They called me yesterday to verify my height and weight for the proper positioning of the driver's console.
    Last edited by Cashew Chicken; 01-22-2020 at 03:13 PM. Reason: ,

10. Member
    Gunna be a sweeet boat!!!

Bad to the bone!

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

Noice!!
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies