Prop identification help.

Good evening guys. I need some help identifying the prop on my Omc looper. It's a stainless predator prop. All the markings showing is an odd code c802 161u. That's all that's on the prop. I was told this number correlated to an old Omc prop book but that's all I've got. Engine is a 97 or 98 Johnson v4 130 looper. I appreciate any help guys.

Predetor props were not an OMC product. They were a welded on blade propeller that was thin and pretty fast on some set ups. I have owned a few in the past. Too small in diameter for most rigs today. They had lots of cup and rubber pressed in hubs.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    I know that predator went out of business a good while ago. I was worried about the welded on blades but don't think my little 130 has the HP to throw it. Thing is the prop does exactly what I want it to do. Solo holeshot is almost instant and pushes my little tr17 right at 51 mph. Just want to know what size it is so it could be replaced.

How are you going to replace it? Every and all props run different, Even in the same pitch. Diameter, cup, rake, pitch progression, are all different. I'm guessing that a Laser2 or trophy plus would be the next best prop for you. Depending on the gearcase you have. 4 1/4 or 4 3/4.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    I apologize. This is my first bass boat and I presumed that there was some way to figure out the pitch and diameter of this prop so that I had somewhere to start when it came to looking for an eventual replacement. Guess I'm just going to have to try a few to find something close.

As far as the gear case I am unsure what size. Is there a way to measure this? Like I said it is a V4 looper and I thought those ran a large gearcase.