help with 2d sonar image solix 12 si

I have a solix 12 SI that as of the latest update having issue with losing bottom contact and about 5 ft of clutter on surface. I have attached a few pictures to give an idea. I have tried changing surface clutter. confirmed sonar in use is correct one. Changed to clear mode instead of max mode. This was in muddy water wth floating debris but usually doesn't have this clutter. I have also reset to factory defaults with no help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (20.7 KB, 74 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (18.2 KB, 69 views)

That is normal Surface Clutter. The line will be thicker when using Dual Beam 83/200 kHz.
    It will also take up less screen space when the depth is more and other depth ranges are used.

You can reduce the Surface Clutter line if you want two ways, lower the Sensitivity and/or change the Surface Clutter setting.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    That is normal Surface Clutter. The line will be thicker when using Dual Beam 83/200 kHz.
    It will also take up less screen space when the depth is more and other depth ranges are used.

You can reduce the Surface Clutter line if you want two ways, lower the Sensitivity and/or change the Surface Clutter setting.
    Perfect!!! thank you for the response.

4. Member

Wayne, I reduced clutter and sonar image is garbage when on factory default. What would you do or where would you start to get better sonar image. This should be pulling trees all below boat but isn't. Surface clutter is gone but so is my image. Could chatter be causing issue with sonar image?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (87.9 KB, 36 views)

It looks like you have Imaging RFI issues along with the reducing Sensitivity that Surface Clutter also does that lessens the 2D resolution of 2D sonar.

Are you running another unit at the same time?

I could maybe figure out more if you would use unit snapshots instead of camera photos.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    please ignore. able to discover most of issue with chatter with front helix unit and solix 12. adjusted settings and able to get much better image now that sonar at front standby and correct settings on solix.

7. Member
    It looks like you have Imaging RFI issues along with the reducing Sensitivity that Surface Clutter also does that lessens the 2D resolution of 2D sonar.

Are you running another unit at the same time?

I could maybe figure out more if you would use unit snapshots instead of camera photos.
    I was running the front graph at the same time. That was the majority issue. I have a work computer that wont let me download hummingbird live and limits what I can use. Thank you for the response though Wayne.