Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HDS Gen3 with Ghost

Just mounted mine, and I am in the process of connecting cables. The motor comes with a mini 9 pin - full size 9 pin adaptor cable , which can then be plugged directly into the structure scan port on back of HDS12 Gen 3. Will this one connection provide both 2D and downscan with the HDI nosecone transducer that comes with the motor? Thanks.

2. Member
    No, you need to add a 9 to 7 pin adapter and connect into the blue sonar port.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

The 2-1 or 3-1 Active Imaging that is used in the Ghost will not work with a gen 3, only a TI2, Carbon or the Live units. Len
    1992 RANGER 392V 200 MERC

4. Member
    The transducer that is shipped as standard on the Ghost is an HDI, not an active imaging transducer. The Ghost will provide sonar images to any unit as long as the correct adapter is used to connect to the unit. The Gen 3 or below units will not be able to control the Ghost but can still utilize the integrated sonar transducer. There are guys using it with Gen 2 units on this board.

NoCAL
    2B112175

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LEN B View Post
    The 2-1 or 3-1 Active Imaging that is used in the Ghost will not work with a gen 3, only a TI2, Carbon or the Live units. Len
    That's what Lowrance told me but others on here said different that the down scan will work on a Gen-3

Quote Originally Posted by red186 View Post
    That's what Lowrance told me but others on here said different that the down scan will work on a Gen-3
    Same here. Plus two northern Cal Lowrance reps. Ships with a Active Imaging 2-1 and you can add a 3-1 for SI if you want, software must be 18.3 and up. Len
    1992 RANGER 392V 200 MERC

7. Member
    How could it be an AI 2 in 1? That is a StructureScan ONLY transducer, essentially a replacement for the LSS2. I have a Ghost and the transducer is an HDI. It broadcasts at 83/200 for 2D and 455/800 for Downscan. Here is the description directly off their website:

“For high-detail views below your boat with excellent clarity and target separation, the HDI nosecone packaged with Ghost is the perfect solution. Or upgrade to the optional Active Imaging 3-in-1 nosecone for picture-like views below and to the side of your boat.”

When it becomes available, the sidescan transducer will be an AI 3 in 1 and will not be compatible with units older than Carbon but right now the included HDI will work with any Lowrance unit with the correct adapter.

NoCAL
    2B112175

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    How could it be an AI 2 in 1? That is a StructureScan ONLY transducer, essentially a replacement for the LSS2. I have a Ghost and the transducer is an HDI. It broadcasts at 83/200 for 2D and 455/800 for Downscan. Here is the description directly off their website:

“For high-detail views below your boat with excellent clarity and target separation, the HDI nosecone packaged with Ghost is the perfect solution. Or upgrade to the optional Active Imaging 3-in-1 nosecone for picture-like views below and to the side of your boat.”

When it becomes available, the sidescan transducer will be an AI 3 in 1 and will not be compatible with units older than Carbon but right now the included HDI will work with any Lowrance unit with the correct adapter.

NoCAL
    NoCal

So if I use the 9-7 pin adapter into the blue port of my Gen 3, I will get 2D and Downscan? I tried the lowrance 000-13313-001 7 adapter cable, but it will not fit the 9 pin end coming off the ghost. Have a 000-12571-00 on order. Hope that is the correct one.Thanks

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fisheye216 View Post
    NoCal

So if I use the 9-7 pin adapter into the blue port of my Gen 3, I will get 2D and Downscan? I tried the lowrance 000-13313-001 7 adapter cable, but it will not fit the 9 pin end coming off the ghost. Have a 000-12571-00 on order. Hope that is the correct one.Thanks

The first one you tried is a reverse adapter, made for old transducers to new graphs. Seems to be some discrepancies on the right adapter, one says it’s made for chirp airmar x-sonic transducers and the other says non-chirp transducers???? I don’t know what the difference would be, but the one I bought fits properly, but I never tried it because I stuck my lss1 onto my ghost. I guess I need to pull my lss1 off and try it, but I would have to redo all kinds of junk just to experiment.

This is the one that says for chirp transducers. Does anyone know what difference there could be in these 2 adapters? We know lowrance would be clueless.

[url=https://postimg.cc/WDYthL43]
    Last edited by grout-scout; 01-22-2020 at 08:17 AM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    The first one you tried is a reverse adapter, made for old transducers to new graphs. Seems to be some discrepancies on the right adapter, one says it’s made for chirp airmar x-sonic transducers and the other says non-chirp transducers???? I don’t know what the difference would be, but the one I bought fits properly, but I never tried it because I stuck my lss1 onto my ghost. I guess I need to pull my lss1 off and try it, but I would have to redo all kinds of junk just to experiment.

This is the one that says for chirp transducers. Does anyone know what difference there could be in these 2 adapters? We know lowrance would be clueless.

[url=https://postimg.cc/WDYthL43]
    Agree.Called Lowrance yesterday and after 30 minutes on the phone was told by the tech to plug the 9 pin that comes with the Ghost directly into the structure scan port of the HDS12 Gen 3.

11. Member
    [QUOTE=fisheye216;10803718]Agree.Called Lowrance yesterday and after 30 minutes on the phone was told by the tech to plug the 9 pin that comes with the Ghost directly into the structure scan port of the HDS12 Gen3
    Is the structure scan port on the HDS gen 3 a 9 pin

12. Member
    Yes it is.
    2B112175

13. Member
    So just to clarify the harness and the transducer that comes with the Ghost will be a direct hook no adapter cable needed to get 2d and down scan on the gen3?

14. Banned
    Edit: I give up.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 01-22-2020 at 12:46 PM.

15. Member
    Last edited by STRETCH1; 01-29-2020 at 07:33 AM.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    I got a 7 to 9 pin adapter cable for sale. $20.

Which part #, theres like 4 of them. Making us do this now.

17. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I took the supplied cable adapter that came with the Ghost and connected to the Black 9 pin structure scan port on a Gen3, set it as a HDI M/H and it reads 2d and down scan and temp
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I took the supplied cable adapter that came with the Ghost and connected to the Black 9 pin structure scan port on a Gen3, set it as a HDI M/H and it reads 2d and down scan and temp

Get out. Have you tried it with your Live, if so, what did you do?

19. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I connected my Live sight to my Live and the HDI to my gen 3 sense I was going to run them on separate screens, I guess I could use port 1 and 2 on the live also and view it via network
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    Excellent!
    So when it comes time to choose the ghost transducer type on the Gen 3, it shows up as "HDI M/H" ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast