Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I connected my Live sight to my Live and the HDI to my gen 3 sense I was going to run them on separate screens, I guess I could use port 1 and 2 on the live also and view it via network

Thanks for the info, should clear it up a little.

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fisheye216 View Post
    Excellent!
    So when it comes time to choose the ghost transducer type on the Gen 3, it shows up as "HDI M/H" ?
    got to go to install and pick it from the list, it doesn't detect it
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I took the supplied cable adapter that came with the Ghost and connected to the Black 9 pin structure scan port on a Gen3, set it as a HDI M/H and it reads 2d and down scan and temp
    When I went to pick the transducer type from the Sonar-Installation menu on the Gen 3, there were several possible options, including " HDI M/H 9", which I assumed was for the HDS9 Gen 3. Called Lowrance and asked which to use for mine, which is a HDS12 Gen 3, and they said " HDI 83/200 455/800 KHz". Haven't tried it on the water so I can't confirm that it works.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    When I went to pick the transducer type from the Sonar-Installation menu on the Gen 3, there were several possible options, including " HDI M/H 9", which I assumed was for the HDS9 Gen 3. Called Lowrance and asked which to use for mine, which is a HDS12 Gen 3, and they said " HDI 83/200 455/800 KHz". Haven't tried it on the water so I can't confirm that it works.
    I saw that also, they both appear to be working the difference may just be on chirp, I may try both next time on the water and try med and high chirp
    let us know, im not going out again for a couple of weeks
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    On water today with mine. I had to choose the HDI m/h 9 to get everything to function properly. Works great after adjusting a few settings. Gen 3 unit...no adapter cable used, just plugged it into the structure scan. (Wish I'd known that b4 I bought the 7 to 9 and then the 9 to 7 adapters)

6. Member
    Those two are the exact same transducer, just different names.

7. Member
    On my unit it didnt like the HDI 83/200 455/800 for some reason.....maybe I didnt give it long enough to find the bottom. Found it immediately when I selected the other though.

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    this was my primary reason for picking the HDI M/H I assumed it would be the same as the newer 9 pin https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/ty...0aAuBVEALw_wcB
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Member
    So i gna purchase a ghost. I have gen 3 units. Did this work? Or do i need to purchase a adapter. I have a nine on the front. Do just hook the cable from the ghost in the structure scan port and just change the tranducer model in the installation screen
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

10. Member
    That is all you need to do. The transducer selection can be a bit tricky as there is more than one listed as HDI. Best bet is to try the M/H 9 first and if that doesn’t work try the other one. The 9 refers to the 9 pin connector so should be correct.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

11. Member
    Geesh!! Answers from all over. I run my unit on all local not global. One says i have to buy the 9 to 7 adapter. One says it want have temp. Even though my units are connected through ethernet i run them as stand alone unit. When this takes place i just want to get it right the first time. And have all avaiable parts on hand. Later ill on a linkable unit. But for the time the gen3 os wat it is
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

12. Member
    Answers from all over? I was the one only one who answered your post. Didn’t my answer make sense? Why not try it before you get frustrated?

NoCAL
    Last edited by NoCAL; 11-24-2020 at 08:02 PM.
    2B112175

13. Member
    Not frustrated at you No CAL. Just seems everyone ive ask gives a different answer. I was hoping after reading this yesterday, i could connect it this way. Though after talking with a friend today he said his would not work this way. Honestly im ocd about messy wires. And its a pain everytime i have to go in the bow or the console. So i was hoping for a one trip and be done. I dont mind purchasing wat i need to complete the job. I just like to no upfront not after the fact.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

14. Member
    There are guys using a ghost with Gen 2 units. Just connect up and go fish with it. I caught 4 fish on Sunday while anchor locked on a point. Believe me, it will change the way you fish.

NoCAL
    2B112175

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    Geesh!! Answers from all over. I run my unit on all local not global. One says i have to buy the 9 to 7 adapter. One says it want have temp. Even though my units are connected through ethernet i run them as stand alone unit. When this takes place i just want to get it right the first time. And have all avaiable parts on hand. Later ill on a linkable unit. But for the time the gen3 os wat it is

Answers from all because the post is a year old and some were going by what Lowrance said (which is usually wrong) and some were going by what worked. There were 2, 9 to 7 adapters available and one would give you temp and one would not, the only one I could find was the airmar adapter and it didn’t give temperature. Hence much confusion, because there were too many options with little ghost being run at the time.

The good thing is, you can do it “right” and then come to make a post for the next guy looking for the info. Think of all the fame you’ll receive for being “right”.

16. Member
    Never been one for fame! I just want to get the most from my products. I do rely on the BBC board for many answers. Yes i do want the temp as well. I have been told the temp would not show. But also been told it wouldnt. So wat adapter does one need to make the temp work? Or will it work correctly using the nine pin to the structure scan port
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

17. Member
    Connect to the Structure port. This post is a year old. The answers are known now
    2B112175

18. Member
    Thanks for the answers
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Connect to the Structure port. This post is a year old. The answers are known now
    Good thread here - Thanks for the answers.
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

20. Member
    I took my 3-1 Active Imaging transducer from my HDS Live and strapped it to my trolling motor. I plugged it into my HDS Gen 3. The Side Scan, Down scan and fish reveal all worked perfectly.

I'm waiting for my Ghost with the Active imaging transducer cone included to come in. I will simply plug and play. I'll let you know about controlling my Ghost with the Gen 3. I do believe if it is connected using the Ethernet cables and NEMA it should all work. I'll let you know.

@rippinlipsmidwest

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast