Accommodations Near South Holston

Does anyone know of a boat friendly hotel near South Holston? Looking specifically for a place that has hookups for charging. Looking to go in the next couple weeks. I also posted this in the TN forum.

2. Member
    I would stay in Abingdon. There are several hotels at exits14, 17 and 19. It’s a straight shot from exit 14 to the lake. Maybe a 15 minutedrive to Observation Knob Park and Ramp. This time of year you will need tolaunch at Washington County Park or Highway 421 Ramp as the lake is at winterpool.

I made reservations yesterday for a trip in a few months. We always stay at the Red Roof Inn off of Exit 19. You have to park in front of your room and run an extension cord under the door, but we've never had a problem. There are also several restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. Enjoy your trip.

Red Roof Inn
    887 Empire Drive
    Abingdon, VA 24210
    (276) 628-7131

4. Member
    Thanks for the info guys! I used to do a yearly trip there in February but its been 8 or 9 years since my last trip. Hopefully its still decent fishing this time of year like it was back then. Never caught a bunch but we usually caught good quality smallmouth and several large walleye each trip.

5. Member
    Smallmouth do rule on South Holston, but there are some some good Largemouth. There was an 8+ lb LM caught last weekend. Sunday after church 3 fish limit tournament took over 15lb to win.