Thread: Fuel lines

Fuel lines

Mercury #0T986939 I replaced the fuel line from fuel tank in boat all the way to motor including bulb 3 years a go with correct line from Don, motor only has 140 hours, should I replace again and also replace the lines inside the cowl there is about 3 short ones

2. Member
    Three years they should be fine, you can always remove them and inspect the inside to verify they are ok.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

3. Member
    I guess I should clarify I haver never changed the short ones under the cowl just the main fuel line from tank to fuel pump.

4. Member
    I see, mine on my 2002 Mercury are still good but you can check them and see. Those under cowl lines are pricey though.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Most of your under-cowling lines on that engine are not nearly as common to give problems. I would, however, consider the line from the bulb to the fuel pump to be something that should be replaced anytime it begins to deteriorate in any way (inside OR outside). In general- I would replace that line at 5 years, regardless.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    My 97 went bad from filter to vst. Clogged solid from years of alcohol in fuel