LSS1 Transducer Help

I've got an LSS1 on the transom that is sending lines on the screen. The transducer appears to be level on both planes. It was originally connected to a Gen1 and now a Gen2 Touch and I am getting the same lines on both. Is there a location issue or possibly a faulty transducer?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Banned
    Jackplate lines, lower your transducer or get a holeshot plate.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Looks to be like a Slidemaster jp......those dont have holeshot plate at the very bottom so you will need to lower the ducer like GS mentioned...........OR get you a TSS bracket and shield to mount on jp and lower it.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Would it be best to move it under the jack plate and low enough to be below the step?

5. Banned
    Something I didn’t think about earlier, does it still happen if your motor is trimmed up some? If it happens with your motor trimmed up, then def jackplate lines.

I had mine mounted inside my slidemaster and was getting a few lines, not as bad as yours though. I dropped mine 3”-4” and it cleared it up. Now I have a different boat, also with a slidemaster and I don’t have any interference; but yet I’m up higher. There seems to be no standard, just have to experiment to see where it likes to be best.

Also, I don’t recall ever seeing one (transducer) mounted on the left side, not sure if it matters or not.

6. Member
    grout, I was asked that yesterday by a buddy. I have trimmed up some and it still does it but I haven't tried it all the way to the tilt position. I will have to try that next trip.

7. Banned
    Shouldn’t have to trim too far. My slidemasters are/were both 10”, if yours is a 6”, I guess I can see the motor maybe being an issue. At least you have the lss1 and not the 10” long lss2!

What brand of boat is that? That hull is different with the center cut recessed transom, that could also be hurting the returns some.

8. Member
    It's a 2011 Nitro Z9. I also just had the thought, would the JP still interfere with down scan also?