Thread: Clinton

Clinton

Hello. Im from East Central Indiana but thinking of making the 3 1/2hr drive over to Clinton next coupke weeks. If we get a weekend with air temps in 40's. Just wondering how its fishing or any advice at all. We've never been there. Whats water temps been like.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

Water temps are low 40's on the cold side up to 56-58 at the warmest end. I have not been on the lake at all in the past 6 days and it's been very cold here, so I'm sure that there is some ice in the coves furthest from the discharge. I've been catching most of my fish on blade baits (Silver Buddy type) for past couple weeks. I live in Farmer City which is right by the lake and I try to fish every day that I can. Let me know a day or two prior to making the drive over here and I should have some more current info to share.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    Water temps are low 40's on the cold side up to 56-58 at the warmest end. I have not been on the lake at all in the past 6 days and it's been very cold here, so I'm sure that there is some ice in the coves furthest from the discharge. I've been catching most of my fish on blade baits (Silver Buddy type) for past couple weeks. I live in Farmer City which is right by the lake and I try to fish every day that I can. Let me know a day or two prior to making the drive over here and I should have some more current info to share.
    Thats awsome man thank you. I will be in touch.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

4. Member
    Philly - kudos to you for that !

Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    Philly - kudos to you for that !
    Happy to help any time.

6. Member
    Philly, I'm up north of Kanakakee if you ever need another guy in the boat I'd love to learn the lake. I'll buy the gas and lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Philly, I'm up north of Kanakakee if you ever need another guy in the boat I'd love to learn the lake. I'll buy the gas and lunch.
    Sure, let's go. I'd reccomend waiting until the lake opens up above DeWitt on the 1st of April since there is just not a lot of fishable water right now.

8. Member
    Funny! I totally thought this was going to be political and was thinking “Uh oh!”.