Thread: Solix Mega+ SI

Solix Mega+ SI

For the guys that have the solix mega+are you having any battery issues I here they are hard on your cranking battery and also what type battery would you suggest with this unit
    Savage 2016 ZX250/ 250 SHO

2. Member
    I have a 12 and a 10 that gave me about 3-4 hours off blue top optima before sounding low voltage alarm. That was on a house battery. I finally bit the bullet and went with ionic LifePo4 from Andy at Drew-Tec.com. He's a BBC sponsor and is very helpful. There's a post on here called "Why Lithium" several pages long that discuss using the 125 ah ionic battery as a starter battery for our high powered graphs and accessories. I have a 100ah ionic house battery just for all graphs and stereo and I don't worry about running out of juice at the end of the day. from the posts a lot of guys are very happy with the 125ah cranking there 225/250 SHO's with all there graphs and accessories. If you change over you won't regret it. Nothing like peace of mind on the water..1 less concern to worry about.

3. Member
    Running two 12's with a Northstar 31 AGM. No problems.
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

4. Member
    I have four of them and I am running Group 31 AGM for my starting battery and graphs. I upgraded my wires and shortened the power leads on the head unit and no longer have issues.

I upgraded to 6 gauge from batter to breaker, 8 gauge to the helm to a Bus Bar, then continued 8 gauge from the bar to the bow which has another bus bar. I read .3 v higher with the upgraded wiring and also loss of .05v during that length of travel. My graphs no longer turn off when firing the big motor.

Recently upgraded to the PP Charge and it now gives me an incredibly strong battery since its almost always charged.

5. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjaymmman View Post
    Running two 12's with a Northstar 31 AGM. No problems.
    Same here. Awesome battery. I run 2 Solix and a Helix without any issues.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    Same here. Awesome battery. I run 2 Solix and a Helix without any issues.
    2-12" Solix and a 15 Solix on the bow no issues also. ran 10 gauge wire to each one

7. Member
    I’ve been dealing with the same issue. I went with the northstar group 31.

I don't have a fancy AGM battery. I run my Solix 12 and my Helix 7 no problem. I do put my solix in standby mode sometimes. What size battery is recommended for this setup? Certain Amp hours?
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSU_Slants View Post
    I have four of them and I am running Group 31 AGM for my starting battery and graphs. I upgraded my wires and shortened the power leads on the head unit and no longer have issues.

I upgraded to 6 gauge from batter to breaker, 8 gauge to the helm to a Bus Bar, then continued 8 gauge from the bar to the bow which has another bus bar. I read .3 v higher with the upgraded wiring and also loss of .05v during that length of travel. My graphs no longer turn off when firing the big motor.

Recently upgraded to the PP Charge and it now gives me an incredibly strong battery since its almost always charged.
    What's a PP Charge SJ? Is that like a Stealth charger that takes extra alternator amps and feeds while you're running the big motor? Anyone else running those things? Seems like it's 'too good to be true' that they can really charge so well on the fly...?
    Fish frequently, my friends! ----------<')))><
    2001 Triton TR20, 225L OptiMax, 26" Tempest Plus, Serial No: PT345686

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishfreq View Post
    What's a PP Charge SJ? Is that like a Stealth charger that takes extra alternator amps and feeds while you're running the big motor? Anyone else running those things? Seems like it's 'too good to be true' that they can really charge so well on the fly...?

PP Charge is like the stealth, I had a stealth a while back on the cat. The Power Pole Charge allows you to select and choose how you want your batteries charged. I have mine set that my TM batteries will trickle into my starting battery to keep it topped off. While you run the big motor, you can choose how the stator will recharge batteries. It also has a jumpstart feature that will help for those running lithium’s TM batteries.

basically in short, regardless of the day, I haven’t seen less than 90% on my batteries since I switched to the charge.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Skeeter FX20 250 SHO