Is Smallmouth Fishing that good in Oklahoma?

See were two new lake record smallmouth were caught this month. Smallmouth fishing that good in OK?

https://lakerecord.net/2020/01/20/ok...ds-this-month/

There are a few good lakes in Oklahoma to catch Smallmouth and neither of those two lakes are them! Very few come out of the two lakes mentioned. Tenkiller, Murray, and Arbuckle have good populations but to me Texoma is by far the best. I have caught some giants from Texoma!
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Banned
    Caught a few good one's on broken bow and theirs a few rivers/creeks in that area that produce some nice brownies.

Skiatook and Eufaula

5. Member
    Neither of these lakes are really known as smallmouth lakes. Both are good fish none the less. I’ve caught several 5+ lbers out of skiatook, and a couple 6+lbers. I’ve caught some good smallies out of eufaula, but they been few and far between for me.

6. Member
    Illinois River is chunk full of them, Elk River too. Plenty of fun in the summer wading and catching them. Friend caught one 5 lb out of the Illinois a couple of years ago.

There are lakes you can catch smallies from, but is it good like N. Michigan good? Not anywhere in the same ballpark.