Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Amped came out with a chart for you guys with questions on what battery u need for your electronics.....this should help!!

2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

2. Member
    I have the Ionic lithiums from Drewtick here on the forums....I have 1-125a and 3-50a for the ultrex

Dealer stated that mercury will not warranty engine if lithium used for cranking...just passing that along...so don't shoot the messenger. So I have a 31 blue top for engine.

I now use the 125a solely from my graphs.

This past Sunday my TM got a work out fishing from 6a-2p and only running spot to spot in less than 5 min, fished in a South wind all day long with 1-3 ft rollers all day, a few times got up to 4. When I got off the water all three were at 11%. We stayed at each spot probably 30 min....Them battery's got a workout that day for sure.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

3. Member
    Those of you running a Lithium battery for Cranking...be sure to confirm that the warranty on your engine is covered when using Lithium. I was told that Mercury warranty is not covered when using Lithium's. Just an fyi. Also heard that SHO was the same way as well.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

4. Member
    Currently getting warranty work done on my motor as we speak.....been running Lithiums on my G2 and no issues.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

5. Member
    Finally bit the bullet and ordered 3 60ah from Amped Outdoors. My boat sits ass heavy and it's especially notable when I'm not in the front and it's floating without a person on it. I'd have to imagine having 4 batteries in the back affects it somewhat (I have the F195). Hopefully this will help with handling as well as holeshot.

6. Member
    You will notice a difference all around.....the way the boat sits itll definitley change.....you will LOVE the difference in your hole shot......the boat seems to ride more on top the waves for me and the turning is incredible.....I can literally get my entire boat practically up on its side in a sharp turn....its by far the best handling boat ive owned.

7. Member
    Welp.....I installed the 3 lithiums on Friday and had my first tournament today (Saturday).

Wow, what can I say, I'm very glad I did. The list of improvements is long. Keep in mind, my boat had 4 heavy batteries in the back to begin with. For my boat this is an incorrect setup and has caused many issues.

Holeshot - Noticeably better. I had a hydrofoil before because with livewells full I would struggle to get on plane. While a band-aid to the core issue (too much stern weight), it did fix my holeshot issues. Lithiums just took it to another level. Before, the boat would go bow high, sit like that for a couple seconds, and then break over. Now, it doesn't have that two stage process. The bow lifts (less than before), I get on plane, and then it immediately comes down in one smooth sequence. This is with livewells empty, fuel at 75% full. With livewells full, fuel at 75% there is a slight period where the bow sits high, but it's brief and less than before. I can truly say my holeshot performance is up there with the best of them.

Performance - This has been the most pleasant result to me because I didn't anticipate this many issues to be fixed. Before, I would porpoise whenever I tried to reach optimal trim (which was fairly high). It was frustrating to try and eliminate the porpoising while at the same time attempting to reach optimal speed. Adding a hydrofoil made things worse. I suspect that the heavy stern caused the hydrofoil to drag in the water. After installing lithiums my cruising speed is now faster across rpms and acceleration is better. I also hit my WOT RPMs faster. Shedding weight from the back has caused the boat to sit flatter on plane. Needless to say the porpoising is gone and my optimal trim angle is much closer to neutral now.

Handling - The boat handles chop much better. The low/heavy stern would cause it slam into waves. Now it's more prone to glide and bounce above them. I didn't really get a chance to do any sharp turns, so nothing to report on that.

The final icing on the cake is regarding backwash. Every time I came off plane I would goose the throttle to avoid getting tons of water splashed over my back deck. It was very annoying and I just wrote it off as a flaw of the boat. Now, with all that weight gone and the stern sitting higher, I can just ease off plane without the water park festivities. If I do get splash it's minimal. No more wet rear decks and wet bilge compartments, probably as Falcon intended. The final proof that my setup was incorrect to start with.
    Last edited by th365thli; 11-15-2020 at 12:15 AM.

8. Member
    Great report! Glad you came to the Lithium side! =).....I am with you on the final thing you said except it did not correct mine....when coming off plane mine always rips water over the back unless I goose it perfect....it REALLY annoys me. I just had my ZLock jackplate removed and had a Bobs installed so im wondering if this will help the issue or not....I hope it does. I have never had this be a problem but if I would just come off plane and not do anything water would literally dang near come up with my seats....its insane!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scum_frog View Post
    Great report! Glad you came to the Lithium side! =).....I am with you on the final thing you said except it did not correct mine....when coming off plane mine always rips water over the back unless I goose it perfect....it REALLY annoys me. I just had my ZLock jackplate removed and had a Bobs installed so im wondering if this will help the issue or not....I hope it does. I have never had this be a problem but if I would just come off plane and not do anything water would literally dang near come up with my seats....its insane!
    Hmm that's weird, does boat sit ass low when you're not on it?

10. Member
    It did prior before the lithiums.....after it doesnt nearly.....I think it has something to do with my jack plate and motor to be honest. Just the design......like I said I just had a Bobs installed so im hoping it makes a difference.....we shall see?!!?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scum_frog View Post
    It did prior before the lithiums.....after it doesnt nearly.....I think it has something to do with my jack plate and motor to be honest. Just the design......like I said I just had a Bobs installed so im hoping it makes a difference.....we shall see?!!?
    Crossing my fingers for you. Adding a holeshot plate to the bottom helps too I hear (not a hydrofoil, but literally a plate of metal that goes under the jackplate).

12. Member
    Yea I ordered the Bobs with hole shot plate so I am hoping it helps.....couldnt imagine my hole shot getting better than what it already was lol

13. Member
    I have a 2021 F21 TE with a minkota 36 volt trolling motor can you guys tell me what Size I would need for cranking and for the trolling motor and what something like this would cost me ? Thank you!

14. Member
    Depends what your style of fishing is and what electronics you are running. I am running an 80AH 1200cca starting battery and (3) 60Ah trolling batteries. I have had zero issues with the 60Ah when fishing all day even in and out of detroit river and lsc river current. It'll be up to you on what you want to do on cranking battery....some guys who fish in cold cold weather stick with AGM 31g.......I havent had any issues with my lithium. Up too you there.

15. Member
    Thank you! How much would it cost for the trolling motor set up like you have?

16. Member
    If you go through Amped heres the link.... https://ampedoutdoors.com/collections/boat-batteies/products/55ah-lithium-battery-lifepo4-series-capable looks like they are $359.99 each X3 is $1,079.97.....Use "Jarrett" as promo code and save another 10% off. So now your total would only be $971.97.

17. Member
    Thank You so much !

18. Member
    NP. You will be amazed at the difference....changes the entire boat its amazing.

19. Member
    Do you need to run different battery chargers as well?

20. Member
    What charger are you running now? Most chargers work. If you can decipher between each battery you will want them on an AGM setting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast