Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    You can always put a Ghost on the boat in 36v, if one craps out then disconnect it and run in 24v.

I went with RELiONS in mine, 2 50aH and a 100aH for cranking, been running them for almost 5 years now with never an issue. Big motor cranks super quickly compared to the old lead acid I was using prior. You will love them, my boat (not a Falcon... yet) leaps out of the water. I think my next upgrade is putting the PP Charge in the boat to lose the heavy Dual Pro charger. When I upgrade probably next year the batteries are coming with me for sure to the next one.

2. Member
    I was contemplating on going with that PP charge this year as well....weight loss and its cool how you can set the diff style charge per batteries. My launch was already stupid by myself in my Falcon....Cant wait for the weight reduction......my cranking battery came in yesterday and my TM batteries should be in a week or so.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

3. Member
    Just curious, how much weight savings is the power pole charge? Is it really that much lighter than say a Minn Kota 440 or 460? It's not like those are themselves that heavy.

4. Member
    compared to the minn kota no...but other chargers do weigh quite a bit more than those....power pole charge is 8.75lbs total. Its more so on what the PP charge does in general than a regular charger is why most switch.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

5. Member
    Well finally ordered my TM batteries today.....should have them in next 3 days or so and then I'll install everything hopefully this wknd! Cannot wait.

6. Member
    Received the TM batteries yesterday! Got a little too excited so ran out to the barn and was looking everything over......decided....well....I'll pull out the old batteries and everything and assess the situation from there.....welp after 5 minutes of the batteries being out I said screw it I want to install them lol. My trays are larger obviously than the new Lithiums so I cut out some thick foam and put it in around the batteries tight. Hooked everything together and strapped batteries down.....those babies dont budge an inch. I'll do a few test runs on lake erie and see if they move....if they do I'll order new trays and customize them to fit. If not I may run with it like this for a while and see how things go. I am excited though. I need to install Cranking Lithium on friday!

7. Member
    Check with Drewtick on the boards here, he is a sponsor and has a 3 battery tray specifically designed for smaller 50AH lithiums. He can give you the measurements so you can check if the batteries will fit.

https://drewcraft.com/product-category/battery-trays/

8. Member
    man i can't wait for you to give a report on those batteries. I am very close to pulling the trigger, just wanna see more real world testing!

9. Member
    I am excited myself....I would have already tested them out if it wasnt for our awful Ohio weather....Possibly this wknd depending weather again. We shall see!

10. Member
    Any word scum frog? I checked their website and the cranking battery isn't listed anymore?

11. Member
    Hey guys.....been busy as heck with this covid crap.....stayed off the web for a while. Got a bunch of stuff done around the house and in my pole barn so thats always a bonus lol. Enjoyed some family time and picked up a new Pup! German Shepherd/Malinois mix! Named her Koda. Great pup so far. Shes currently up at a trainer who works with all the local police k9 around here. Cant wait to see her progression.
    So on the Falcon! Been able to go out a couple times with the Lithiums.....nothing really stressful on the batteries like fishing detroit river and such since we werent allowed to go fish michigan waters yet but some all day fishing with zero issues. First time out was with a buddy.....noticed a big difference in the hole shot and over all ride in the boat....back end sits up a lot higher....it rode higher in the water which ended up giving it a better/softer ride as well. I was very surprised it was definitely a noticeable difference. The next few times I went fishing I had someone with me so I didnt get to see any differences........then it happened.....LOL I went out by myself one day.....at the time I TOTALLY forgot that I hadnt been out by myself with the Lithiums. I put the boat in the water and messed around with some stuff and then had a long idle to where I was going before I could get up on plane.....so im messing with my graph and doing other stuff not even paying attention.....go under the bridge and hang a right and check my depth and yep good to go.....trim down and let'er eat. I literally said out loud "Holllyyyyy Sh!ttttttttt!!!!! COMPLETELY threw me off guard because I didnt remember.......This thing ROCKETS out of the hole. Falcons have bow lift on the launch which they always will but when this thing goes up its falling down faster than it went up and its on. I will try getting video of it one day because its impressive! 100% worth it to get the Lithiums.....I have been contemplating on getting the power pole charge as well for some weight loss and better charger especially since it charges while the big motor is running but idk if I want to spend another $1300 when my charger is fine lol......who knows. Anyone else made the switch yet?

Also th365thli he was having issues with supplies with this covid crap going on so he removed them but they are back up on the site and running!

12. Member
    Awesome! I can say when I put them in my Nitro Z7 and hammer down I am up on plane in less than 3 seconds, ridiculous how quick the holeshot is now. Hoping to have a new Falcon F195 in my driveway sometime next year. Once this covid crap dies down and the family and I get back up to Toledo sometime this year, maybe we can go out for a few hours while the family is at Cedar Point.

13. Member
    Let me know man im 20 mins from Cedar Point!

14. Member
    Scum frog, that's awesome news. Especially that bit about the holeshot. I run 4 heavy batteries on my 195, hole shot is pretty good by myself. But with a full tank of gas, full livewells and just myself, it definitely is slow. I can't imagine what it will be with full tank, full livewells, two people, and two shallow water anchors. Going lithium will easily shed around 180lbs.

Definitely agree about bow lift. I think our boats benefit from a prop that has stern lift, our hulls generate enough bow lift.

Thanks again for the update

15. Member
    I rigged my new F21TE with a Batteries + Bulbs group 31 X2 AGM and 3 Relion RB 50s for the trolling motor. Haven't had an opportunity to really put the lithiums to the test as far as a long hard day on the TM. But, I do have to say holeshot is the most impressive I've ever seen. At 4000 RPM boat is on plane within a second and a half with hardly any bow rise at all.

16. Member
    Forgot to mention, that was with topped off fuel tank, tournament load, my partner who's not a little guy, his 50 pound tackle bag and livewells open.

17. Member
    And dual 12' Talons on tilt brackets.

18. Member
    Its amazing the difference with losing that much weight out of the far back. Seriously. Yesterday I went out with the wife and fully topped my fuel off.....took off and it still makes me smile seeing the difference.....I love it.

19. Member
    I bought my lithium’s from drew 3 50 amp hr and 125 amp starting and iconic charger saved 200 lbs fished for 10 hr one day and 8 hr the next without charging got back to the dock had 67 % in trolling and 87% in the starting love them so far almost seem like I need more lift in the front of my Phoenix I haven’t tested to see if I gained any top end but hole shot is better

20. Member
    Ya I felt the same way on the bow lift.....definitely noticeable difference. Between the hole shot and handling its definitely worth it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast