#2 Vibrating Jig

If the Jackhammer is your #1 what is your number two vibrating Jig?

2. Member
    I don't need a #2 after fishing with the Jackhammer a few times. I've actually taken the originals (I guess you can call my #2) out of the boat, replaced with Jackhammers.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    I don't need a #2 after fishing with the Jackhammer a few times. I've actually taken the originals (I guess you can call my #2) out of the boat, replaced with Jackhammers.

seems like it’s not only the number one contender but the number two as well.
    I was looking for alternatives that produced just as effective but I haven’t found any yet

4. Member
    I really like the Project Z. Picked up a Thunder Cricket for the hell of it too. But the water is hard here, so it’ll be a while before I get to test that

5. Member
    Before dipping into the Jackhammer, I was solely using a Picasso Shock Blade with a pretty good amount of luck...dabbled with the FX (bucktail version) in colder water with some success as well! Trailed with a Lake Fork Magic Shad (pre Yamamato Zako) was a solid combination.

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

6. Member
    Karu-lures Vibrashock

If I'm not throwing the Jackhammer, I throw a TW Custom Chatterbait or an Original.

Number 1 is my custom bladed jig.. save some doh, and still catches

9. Member
    I like the “project Z” as a #2. Jackhammer is my primary but I fished the other Z man baits before I settled into the project Z and jackhammer. For me I still use both but I believe the jackhammer is Superior to the others in the Z man lineup.
    And I don’t feel they’re that expensive, buy them on sale and you can catch a lot of limits on them.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

10. Member
    In some situations I prefer the TW custom Chatterbait over the Jackhammmer. The Thunder Cricket has a time and place as well.