Thread: Transducer

Transducer

Can the hst-wsbl wide angle be placed in the bulge and use epoxy to mount in place or do I need to buy the pdt-wbl transducer?
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes, it can but if you plan on using the temp sensor from it, it will give you the temp in the bilge......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Yes, it can but if you plan on using the temp sensor from it, it will give you the temp in the bilge......
    How many degrees would it typical be off from the water? Also can I select the lss2 to read my water temp?

4. Member
    It will be quite far off the actual water temp. Depends on your units and whether they are fully updated. There was a time with early HDS units, when they defaulted to a 2D with temp and did not allow temp to be pulled from another transducer. Other option is to pull the temp pin from the HST connector so the unit doesn't know it has a temp transducer connected. Some have said you could select PD-WBL (Pod-No Temp) in the installation menu and accomplish the same thing.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    It will be quite far off the actual water temp. Depends on your units and whether they are fully updated. There was a time with early HDS units, when they defaulted to a 2D with temp and did not allow temp to be pulled from another transducer. Other option is to pull the temp pin from the HST connector so the unit doesn't know it has a temp transducer connected. Some have said you could select PD-WBL (Pod-No Temp) in the installation menu and accomplish the same thing.

NoCAL
    if selecting pd-wbl would I still get correct sonar readings. Units are updated HDS7 gen 2 touch

6. Member
    Yes. It doesn't know what you connect. Besides, all the 83/200 transducers are essentially the same and in the installation menu, they are virtually interchangable.

NoCAL
    2B112175

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tnsportsman86 View Post
    if selecting pd-wbl would I still get correct sonar readings. Units are updated HDS7 gen 2 touch
    I had to pull the pin on my ducer (hst-wsbl)to get it to allow temp from lss2 on both 7 & 9 gen 2 touch units. Others claimed it worked by "tricking" the unit when you selected a no temp ducer, but it didn't work for me. The pucker factor was huge pulling that pin on a glued in ducer I assure you! Get info from multiple sources if you decide to go that route.
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66

8. Member
    If I decide to just mount the transducer to the transom how far apart does the 2d need to be away from the lss2? My other options will be to pull the pin, get transducer with no temp to read from the lss2, or transducer with external temp.

9. Member
    The only conditions for mounting on the transom are that it is not below the LSS transducer.

NoCAL
    2B112175

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    The only conditions for mounting on the transom are that it is not below the LSS transducer.

NoCAL
    So they can be a few inches apart as long as the 2d is not below the lss2?

11. Member
    Yes
    2B112175

12. Member
    Ok so I did an experiment. I had an old hst-wsbl that was pretty banged up. I researched and pulled the temp pin and hooked in it my unit. Sure enough the lss2 started reading temp. I checked it with a hairdryer. I then pulled the temp pen from the one in my bilge area. Worked perfect. Lss2 read water temp again. So I epoxied it in the bilge and read sonar from it and temp from my lss2. Thanks for the help!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tnsportsman86 View Post
    Ok so I did an experiment. I had an old hst-wsbl that was pretty banged up. I researched and pulled the temp pin and hooked in it my unit. Sure enough the lss2 started reading temp. I checked it with a hairdryer. I then pulled the temp pen from the one in my bilge area. Worked perfect. Lss2 read water temp again. So I epoxied it in the bilge and read sonar from it and temp from my lss2. Thanks for the help!
    ��
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66