Mercury Racing gearlube?

400r Sportmaster Serial: 2B576818

Anyone heard of this? I was told it is recommended for the 400r and 450r instead of the regular high performance gearlube.

Part number is : 92-8M0078015
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    2016 Sterling 220XS: (SOLD)
    2008 SCB Topcat 250 XS (SOLD)
    Current:
    2014 SCB Stingray Sport Merc 300XS
    2018 ES Custom Revolution 25 Merc 400R

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes- it's recommended for all of the Racing Models. Been out for several years now.

DO NOT intermix with High-Performance Lube.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Don is there any benifit what so ever in using this lube in a TKII lower and can you ship that lube without any special shipping fees 2B121485
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Virtually any liquid requires special shipping... Rhonda can fill you in on that.

Personally: I would stick with the High-Performance Gear Lube. It's a full-synthetic lube, with fluid emulsifiers that help protect the gearcase in the event of water intrusion.

You can use the Racing lube if you like- it is a high-quality lube (and shines at surfacing mounting heights, especially).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor