Thread: Pull out drawer

Pull out drawer

I am going to be upgrading a 2019 z20. The boat is a single console and doesn’t have the drawer either. Is it possible to order a drawer and swap out? and if so, is that something that can be done at home or would it be better for dealer to do the work?

thanks

Is it a drawer or the swing out glove box design.. If it is the later (which I think it is), do not waste your money.. Either way, I think you will need to cut a hole in the fiberglass behind the rod holder/box plate to make it work. But other than that, the screws locations for each plate are the same.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

3. Member
    Save your money because it is useless and everything winds up in the hull of your boat lost.

4. Member
    My dealer told me not to get it when we where sitting down going over the options and placing the order. He said it was complete junk.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

5. Member
    Well I disagree, I have a 2016 Z21 and I love my drawer and have never had anything come out of the drawer. I keep my wallet, keys and numerous small items in it every time out. I had to remove my drawer assembly back in the fall when the face of my assembly got broken and Fyi the drawer is concealed in a metal box that would prevent anything from getting from drawer to hull of boat. I have wondered why the Z20's do not have the drawer however I'm assuming there is not enough room for the drawer and full rod locker.
    Keith Thomas
    2016 Nitro Z21
    Mercury 250 ProXS

Well I disagree, I have a 2016 Z21 and I love my drawer and have never had anything come out of the drawer. I keep my wallet, keys and numerous small items in it every time out. I had to remove my drawer assembly back in the fall when the face of my assembly got broken and Fyi the drawer is concealed in a metal box that would prevent anything from getting from drawer to hull of boat. I have wondered why the Z20's do not have the drawer however I'm assuming there is not enough room for the drawer and full rod locker.
    The drawer is great on the Z21, the glove box on the Z19 and Z20, is not...…
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

I have this on my 2019 z19. As it is designed it is junk. On the 21s it is enclosed in a box and opens like a file cabinet. On the 19s is slanted, hinged on the bottom and pivots out. Also it is open on the top. Therefore, if you bounce the boat on the road or water, anything in the drawer disappears to the bottom of the boat and might eventually show up at the drain plug. I plan on rebuilding mine to it function like the 21s.
    Hope this helps.
    2019 nitro z19 with mercury 4 stroke 200hp.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscia View Post
    I have this on my 2019 z19. As it is designed it is junk. On the 21s it is enclosed in a box and opens like a file cabinet. On the 19s is slanted, hinged on the bottom and pivots out. Also it is open on the top. Therefore, if you bounce the boat on the road or water, anything in the drawer disappears to the bottom of the boat and might eventually show up at the drain plug. I plan on rebuilding mine to it function like the 21s.
    Hope this helps.
    Shit, looks like I got a bad option coming on my 2020 z20.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Shit, looks like I got a bad option coming on my 2020 z20.
    Possibly, unless they changed the design lately... Don't worry, your dealer can switch out the rod holder plate and should be able to take it off the purchase price easily...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    Possibly, unless they changed the design lately... Don't worry, your dealer can switch out the rod holder plate and should be able to take it off the purchase price easily...
    Good to hear. I checked that option when I was thinking that I was going single console and wanted it as a glove box. Ended up spending for the dual console and probably don’t need that storage space anymore.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

11. Member
    I guess they changed design of the drawer at some point. I have an '08 Z9 and both drawers are contained in an enclosed box. If any thing falls out of the drawer (which it hasn't) it's still contained in the box and unable to fall into the hull/bilge. Guess Nitro wanted to save money!