Grass conditions in Kissimmee

How bad have they killed the hydrilla and coontail? I haven’t been on the Kissimmee chain in a year. I think I read that Cypress has lost a lot of grass to spraying too.

What are y’all seeing?

Was there for the Open last week. Found some Hydrilla in north end of Kissimmee, Toho is loaded with Hydrilla right now. I didn't end up fishing more than a day on Kissimmee, because I couldn't find anything and I couldn't get bites . Caught 7 fish all day biggest was only about 2lbs.

3. Member
    The Kissimmee grass has been decimated on Lake Kissimmee. A 50% reduction from five years ago. Breaks my heart.

4. Member
    For those of you that fished Kissimmee in past years will remember what the area between the mouth of the river and the school bus used to look like. At one time it was one of if not the best areas to fish on the lake. It had everything as far as vegetation. I was there on tues. and it's gone. There are very few scattered pads and Kiss. grass. About half way to the school bus there are (were) some trees or large brush about 10' tall on what you could call the hard bank. Now it looks like a brown wall where they have sprayed. Why in the world would they kill vegetation on the hard bank? My guess it is easy access from where they launch being the state park to dump the chemicals. So sad..

5. Member
    Yes it is criminal what they have done.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB