Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    I'd like to see how they intend on displaying 360 degrees of livescope. I'd imaging you'd want the largest display possible, like a 16", to get the most use out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I'd like to see how they intend on displaying 360 degrees of livescope. I'd imaging you'd want the largest display possible, like a 16", to get the most use out of it.
    Maybe its not really 360 in the sense that humminbirds is, but an electronically adjustable transducer in a humminbird 360 like apparatus so you can point and scan where you want? Who knows...
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I would say this ^^

4. Member
    I point my LS transducer now. I just grab the handle on my stick beside my bow chair and point the arrow on top of the stick where I want to look. If something show up on the SI I rotate the stick to look at it. While trolling I follow the school as we go by them. Don
    Don Johnson
    U S Navy ATC Retired
    NE Florida
    Boat Name TRON
    Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Bow
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI+ G3N w/Mega 360 mounted of Fishing Specialties 360 Mount
    Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI G2N
    Garmin GPSMAP 1042 XSV w/LiveScope mounted on Fishing Specialties Bowducer Assy
    Mini Kota Ulterra
    Console
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI+ G3N
    Garmin GPSMap 922
    Humminbird PiranaMAX for high speed depth readings

5. Member
    Maybe livescope linked to their trolling motor

6. Member
    was going to order Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv, LiveScope, LakeVu g3 Ultra West Bundle, next week

but after reading this Thread look like I will wait. only thing I know about Live scope is what I read here and youtube.
    I have humminbird Solix linked to a Onix and 360

80% of my fishing is trolling for Kokanee ( they are a open water kokanee and like 52 deg. water temp. the water is 40 feet to 170 feet deep.
    another is big lake trout that like the bottom in water that is 60 to 100 feet deep.
    and White Sturgeon on the Snake River they are bottom feeders in 15 to 50 feet of water we anchor the boat cast out and wait the biggest sturgeon I have got is 9 feet takes about 45 min to land, we pull the anchor and let it pull the boat. I hope the liveScope will be a game changer here.

sturgeon 2.jpg
    Kokanee Salmon.jpg
    snp1027182757.jpg

7. Member

8. Member
    This is already made by some guys. Even videos are out. May be Garmin is doing the same. Up and down, 360 degree back and forward, azimuth lock to the object, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
    Maybe its not really 360 in the sense that humminbirds is, but an electronically adjustable transducer in a humminbird 360 like apparatus so you can point and scan where you want? Who knows...

9. Member

10. Member
    Would be nice if Garmin came up with something to free up your hands from constantly turning a stick mount to adjust for boat movement.
    The LS coverage is only 20 degrees wide.
    Not complaining, just working with it as is.

Until then, I built this with off the shelf Minn Kota parts to keep the LS on target with the boat movement during spotlock, with an old Autopilot and Copilot with the fob.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....729&highlight=

11. Member
    something tells me that Garmin will not do similar to mechanisms, Garmin thinks in a different direction.
    360 LiveScope will not be justified with the marketing component, in order to get an overview of LiveScope 360, you need to 10x increase the number of crystals in the sensor housing and significantly increase the power of the ultrasonic processor. This will inevitably lead to a strong rise in price. they won’t go for it.
    Most likely, the new products will hide the computing device inside the fishfinder.

Last edited by vovchbrat; 01-29-2020 at 06:32 AM.

12. Member
    Translation of last post...

“then tells me that don't Garmin bother with mechanisms similar to what we did, with big plants with their great capabilities, thoughts to work in a different direction. The 360 will not be associated with the marketing component, in order to get a LiveScope cyclical overview, you need 10x to increase the number of crystals in the sensor case and significantly increase the power of the ultrasonic processor. This will inevitably lead to a high price increase. they won't do it. Most likely, the new products will hide the computing device inside the sonar.”

13. Member
    vovchbrat

Is it possible to view the videos posted with a translation/ subtitle in the English language.

I would like to be able to understand the dialog.

Always open to a different line of thinking.

Thanks

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    If they would make a mount that works off the garmin remote and foot pedal would be sweet .That way I could control the trolling motor with the foot pedal and the scope with the remote .

15. Member
    "
    If they would make a mount that works off the garmin remote and foot pedal would be sweet .That way I could control the trolling motor with the foot pedal and the scope with the remote . "

Already being made. Cornfield Crappie Gear...

16. Member
    I currently don't really see how Livescope could be improved in a practical sense. Maybe longer range and tighter beam... If I had to bet, I'd wager that a new unit would do some electronic beam steering like the old PS30 did. Theoretically, that could give a useful 3D display of the world below the waves. What I do find interesting, however, is that there was a similar rebate when traditional Panoptix was replaced by the LVS32

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magqw7 View Post
    "
    If they would make a mount that works off the garmin remote and foot pedal would be sweet .That way I could control the trolling motor with the foot pedal and the scope with the remote . "

Already being made. Cornfield Crappie Gear...
    saw his great idea but would like to see it on the garmin trolling motor remote just point where I want it to go

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    vovchbrat

Is it possible to view the videos posted with a translation/ subtitle in the English language.

I would like to be able to understand the dialog.

Always open to a different line of thinking.

Thanks
    Thank you for your interest. I changed the settings on my YouTube channel, I hope the subtitles will be available soon. If there is interest in our products, we will translate the video into English.

19. Member
    What’s the rebate that is mentioned and when is it available?

20. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I saw/read that it was a $200 rebate.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast