Thread: Lake Sampson

Lake Sampson

Last I heard the water was really low and getting a boat through the mouth was just too much.
    Any recent information on this lake?

2. Member
    I drove by there the other day to check the ramp out. There were around 15 boat trailers in the parking lot to include some bass boat trailers. I didn't put my boat in but I can only assume that with 15 or so boat trailers there they had to of made it to the lake and were fishing. Hope this helps.

3. Member
    I was there this past weekend and you can get into the lake but I'd recommend using your trolling motor to navigate the mouth of the creek and stay between the blue markers. If you get outside of them, you can get grounded pretty quick. I have a 21' triton with a 250 four stroke and I got into the lake pretty easily but I think I drug bottom a couple times going through the mouth. Also, the lake is still pretty low so be careful where you run as you can get into a bind pretty easily. Keep a close eye on your depth finder as you are running. Getting all the way up to the grass line is difficult in most areas as the water gets pretty shallow up there. In most places the depth is <1.5 to 2' as far as ~50 to 75 yards off the grass line.

Good luck!