2006 - 200HP HPDI Engine alarm

I am having a problem with an alarm triggering after a full day of running and having no other issues.

We went to the ENP and ran minimum of 25 miles to and from. Stopping, starting with absolutely 0 issues. Running through the Barron river on the way back to dock the engine alarm triggered and the engine cut to slow speed. I stopped the boat and turned the key off to stop the alarm. turned the boat back on and checked the normal. Water temp, fuel, oil... none were an issue that I can see. Gunned the boat and alarm went off again... wash, rinse, repeat... Next I went from idle to slow speed and then slowly got it up on plane ran just fine the rest of the way.

This has been happening to me for a while now things I've done follow.

ALL YAMAHA OEM PARTS
    New Impeller
    New Water pump housing
    New Thermostats
    New poppet valve
    Full engine service including spark plugs, filters and so forth.

Water Pressure is at 4 when idle and 16-17 when running 3800 rpm. I never run over 4000 rpm.
    Water Temp is at 129 when idle and max 133 when running.
    Fuel is REC90 only and always.

I have no idea what to consider. I am also not a marine mechanic nor pretend to be a HPDI expert.

Any help or direction of what to look at would be appreciated. Any questions please ask.

2. Member
    might want to ck your oil tank there is a transfer pump on the back side of oil tank in the boat not on motor

3. Member
    The only two normal ways for the alarm to sound is either (a) low oil in the main engine mounted tank or (b) over temperature.

As soon as the alarm sounds stop the motor. Pull the cowling. Is the main oil tank half full or more? It should be? Feel the motor? Does it appear to be overly hot?

If you had a Yamaha tachometer installed then when the alarm sounds you would be able to see if the problem was oil related or temperature related.

4. Member
    I have Yamaha OEM stats installed and am reading the engine temp through the NMEA network. Temp has always worked accurately and I don't see it getting hot as I explained. Oil is something I can look at. I can replace the pump at the tank and see if that helps. What's crazy is that it does it once and then takes a long while before it will do it again. And as I explained all times it has happened I have ran many miles prior to the first alarm trigger.

5. Member
    Possible alarm wire shorting to ground? Wiggle all harnesses while running to see if you can make the alarm come on.