Dustlane

Ultrex shaft replacement

Well the stump won. I need to replace a busted shaft on my Ultrex and there is no local shop that does this. So I guess I’ll just do it myself. I’ve done this a while back on an Edge trolling motor but not on the Ultrex. Is there anything special that needs to be done with the Ultrex? Also, I can’t remember what I used to seal the shaft/lower unit connection point. I think I used red Loctite but I can’t remember for sure. Thanks!

From what I've been told you cant replace the shaft on the Ultrex. You can purchase just the center piece of the motor housing with the shaft on it.
    Be sure to check with Minnkota first-- it might be warranted!
    Last edited by fishnfireman; 01-20-2020 at 01:55 PM.

3. Dustlane
    Yeah I know the shaft itself has a lifetime warranty but I didn’t know if the Ultrex was different that all the others. I wish we had a local shop to repair these things.

4. Member
    Don't know what shops your talking about, but an authorized Minn Kota Troll motor repair shop should be able to do it. The answer above is correct. when you try to order a new shaft from Minn Kota you will get the shaft and the center section of the motor already put together. There is a special technique they use to assemble the shaft and center section. Minn Kota does it for the repair centers and the customers.

Take it to an ASC There's one in Longview that's only 45 mi from you. Should be a warranted issue.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents