Jerky dehydrator

Hey guys, I have a pretty decent dehydrator, but it will only do 5 pounds at a time. I'm looking for one that will do at least 10 pounds. You guys have any recommendations? I'm willing to pay for a quality unit.
    Kitz
    2020 Nitro Z20 w/ 250 Pro XS 4-stroke

My wife bought one at Cabelas. It has 10 trays and I can do 3-4 pounds of ground meat jerky in it.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

This maybe nothing your looking for but we did some on a smoker this weekend and it was faster and taste better. We were only able to do around 30 strips at a time however so not the volume you are looking for but maybe something to look into for yourself we had a trager if want to know

Thanks. Yeah, I've got a pit boss, but I'm looking for something that can do some volume so I don't have to keep doing individual batches.
    Kitz

5. Member

Ok, I'll check that out. Dunno why I didn't think to search LEM...I've got their grinder and jerky cannon, which I like alot. Do you happen to have one of their dehydrators?
    Kitz

7. Member
    in the winter i just use the oven and set it to 180 and rotate grates every hour and a half takes about 6 hours to do, have never done 10# at once but think its possible might take about 8 hours

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
    Ok, I'll check that out. Dunno why I didn't think to search LEM...I've got their grinder and jerky cannon, which I like alot. Do you happen to have one of their dehydrators?
    I don't but I've been considering getting one. I have their 3/4hp grinder and the jerky cannon. I also use their spice mixes. In my experience their products are quite good so I would think it's a safe bet and if you don't like it I would imagine they would let you return it. They seem to be pretty customer service oriented. I've been making my jerky in my smoker but like you I want to be able to do more volume at a time.

9. Member
    I know it’s not a dehydrator but after my expensive dehydrator stopped working after one season I got irritated and bought some of these for the oven. Works good as long as you rotate them every so often. The pan and 4 racks easily did 5 pounds of ground jerky. Depending on how big your oven is may be possible to fit enough for 10 pounds.

https://www.lemproducts.com/product/jerky-pan-3-racks/jerky-making-accessories

10. Member
    I have a big Cabela's dehydrator and can do around 20 pounds of whole muscle meat jerky at one time

11. Member
    I also use a electric smoker. Mine has multiple shelves in it and can smoke about 60 strips at a time

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catjuggin View Post
    My wife bought one at Cabelas. It has 10 trays and I can do 3-4 pounds of ground meat jerky in it.
    That's probably the same one I have, its worked good so far. Cabela's has a larger one for your needs.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.