Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    Early in the year we just take the ride from Harley Ensign. Plenty of options in each direction if you are bumper boat fishing. At some point they will clear out Crocker and that is the next logical choice if you have the Rec Passport. It's a 5-7 minute trip to the "action" , less if you want to be on the Mile Roads.

We've been fishing the bays and if you hit them right it makes the Mile Roads boring. Looking forward to hitting the lake next weekend. Get the boat on Friday. GAME ON!
    My in-laws live 10 mins from the Selfridge launch so I just launched and fished around there a few times last year in the summer but it was extremely weedy and not much action.
    I haven’t tried any other launch so I’ll definitely try Harley if you say it’s good in the spring.

And I don’t know what you mean by “the bays” and would like to lol

If it’s cool, can I send you a dm and you can help me out on some spots at LSC?

And man I’m jealous, you’re going out next weekend, nothing like the first time on the water for the season.
    Have fun!!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by datbasstho View Post
    My in-laws live 10 mins from the Selfridge launch so I just launched and fished around there a few times last year in the summer but it was extremely weedy and not much action.
    I haven’t tried any other launch so I’ll definitely try Harley if you say it’s good in the spring.

And I don’t know what you mean by “the bays” and would like to lol

If it’s cool, can I send you a dm and you can help me out on some spots at LSC?

And man I’m jealous, you’re going out next weekend, nothing like the first time on the water for the season.
    Have fun!!
    I assumed he meant the the flats area bays, but would like to know what he meant too. Not to steal any spots, but I've never heard anyone use that term about an area of LSC before. I guess he could also mean the less pronounced bays from Selfridge north around the Anchor Bay shoreline.

“The bays” get crowded fast. Fun for awhile but...
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

4. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

5. Member
    Mainly the back of Muscamoot and Fishers. We've never had consistent success near Bouvier , around Fair Haven. We've even had good days in and around Strawberry during the spawn.

Over the last few years it's just too much pressure at the Mile Roads for it to be any fun for long . Sure, we go there but you catch a fish and everyone starts moving.

6. Member
    Ok I’ll try it out there in the spring.
    when summer hits around July, August, and temperatures rise, you think it’s better around Metro?

Thanks for the help!
    That time of year I stay up in Selfridge and fish that area and up to the north end of the lake. I’ve always heard that after mid June the Canadian side turns on. Never tried it myself.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

7. Member
    Mainly the back of Muscamoot and Fishers. We've never had consistent success near Bouvier , around Fair Haven. We've even had good days in and around Strawberry during the spawn.

Over the last few years it's just too much pressure at the Mile Roads for it to be any fun for long . Sure, we go there but you catch a fish and everyone starts moving.
    i literally have no idea where any of those parts you mentioned are. Lol
    But I have seen videos of guys fishing and doing well and then a fleet of bass boats happen to show up next to them, ridiculous.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twise7 View Post
    That time of year I stay up in Selfridge and fish that area and up to the north end of the lake. I’ve always heard that after mid June the Canadian side turns on. Never tried it myself.
    Yes, I’ve heard it gets awesome on the Canadian side in late summer.
    I remember when the FLW was there in August a couple years back and they showed where these anglers would go on a map and I screen shot them and most of them were in the northern Canadian side.

when summer hits around July, August, and temperatures rise, you think it’s better around Metro?

Thanks for the help!
    Mid summer is usually the deeper areas (16+ foot) out in the lake and the Saint Clair River. I would be familiar with Metro Beach Launch, St. Jean's, and Algonac State Park. The night before check the wind forecast and fish the area that is most fish-able that day. Fishing can be good in any of those areas and more.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyB View Post
    Mid summer is usually the deeper areas (16+ foot) out in the lake and the Saint Clair River. I would be familiar with Metro Beach Launch, St. Jean's, and Algonac State Park. The night before check the wind forecast and fish the area that is most fish-able that day. Fishing can be good in any of those areas and more.

Ok sweet, appreciate the help dude!

11. Member
    Crazy. Such a valuable resource and they keep restricting access. It's too bad the DNR couldn't come up with some sort of revenue sharing program to allow them to help fund it.
    The revenue sharing program you mention does exist. An excise tax is collected at the manufacturer level when fishing tackle is sold. These funds are distributed back to the states to be used for public access\.

https://www.fws.gov/wsfrprograms/

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/d...t_398759_7.pdf

I have been trying to find contact information for the Michigan Federal Aid Coordinator without success. Contact your local DNR office and ask for the contact info for the person in charge of coordinating boating access programs. It would be interesting to know if federal aid funds were used in the construction of the boat ramp you mention. I would think there would have to be some kind of mitigation if DJ funds were used.

Glad to hear it staying open!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12