Recessed TM tray

2000/520dvx. Looking to put a tray in before I lay carpet back in. Couple questions.
    1- what tray would you recommend- like the cup holders as tool holders setbups
    2 - trying to gain as much deck space as possible so I’m moving it closer to the bow . Problem is I m short legged and like to lean on my pedestal seat so what are my options. Only have the original hole for post . Putting a second mount is needed but there’s little support under deck for another location. I’d have to glass in more. Is there another option to get me closer to the pedal? ? Thanks

2. Member
    I installed the Comfortroll original version on my previous boat .... that’s the only one I would consider. TW has it - 149.99. They also have one with the cup holder if you so chose!

3. Member
    Yes that’s the one I’ve been eyeballing. Now if I can just decide on its location I’ll be good to go. Dam short legs making it tuff to put it where I want .
    Quote Originally Posted by gwa5bfish View Post
    I installed the Comfortroll original version on my previous boat .... that’s the only one I would consider. TW has it - 149.99. They also have one with the cup holder if you so chose!

4. Member
    I installed the same unit close to 10 years ago, very happy.

5. Member
    I installed mine all the way up as far as it would go and it worked fine but no issue at all to move it back a bit .... I installed one on a 487VS. It was easy but take it slow and and use the template and you will be fine .... I did have to make a way thru the foam to provide a space for the drain pipe which I ran into the front compartment and then out the bottom hole of that compartment in order to provide drainage ....
    2020 - Ranger 520L Midnight Fox | Mercury 4S 250 - Go Boldly! | Atlas Jackplate | Ultrex | Lowrance Active Target | Power Poles !!

I have a Woo custom tray on my R91 and I would highly recommend his trays if you can get him to build you one.

7. Member
    I’m perfectly fine with installing one . Just looking for. Options on getting closer to it besides installing a 2nd post base. Is there anything i can do to the base I have already. Like an extension of some sort?

8. Member
    Woo Davies? Would love to see a picture
    Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    I have a Woo custom tray on my R91 and I would highly recommend his trays if you can get him to build you one.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    I had a similar issue with my 21 Triton- Front ped hole was to close and rear ped hole was too far back. Then one day I realized the dam ped seat was simply in my way. I pulled it out and plugged it into my rear deck and have never looked back. No more sore knee, hip and shoulder joints. No more slipping off of a revolving seat in rough water. and at 61 yrs young, I feel better than ever after a long day fishing a tournament. No seat keeps you from getting lazy too. Give it a try! Somehow we got it in our heads that we need a chair or pole seat. Silly. I've tried to use it a few times since and would rather leave it at home but I figure if a knee ever goes out etc, I'll have it in the boat. Oh, also the standing thing does not work out well without the recessed pedal tray. My second boat has the pedal on the deck and it is rough on the hips while standing IMO.

10. Member
    I installed the Comfortrol in my 185.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    Comfort troll came in yesterday so it’s install time .

12. Member
    What model Ranger?
    2020 - Ranger 520L Midnight Fox | Mercury 4S 250 - Go Boldly! | Atlas Jackplate | Ultrex | Lowrance Active Target | Power Poles !!

13. Member
    2000 520/dvx
    What model Ranger?

14. Member
    Yeah I agree but I have bad ankles and they hurt from being on them all day . Hopefully the tray helps with the lower back disc issue I have . But I really need to be able to lean or sit back every now and then just to take some weight off my feet . Gonna find a happy medium with the Tray location and. Go for it. I keep procrastinating and it’ll be mid season before I get done
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertalon View Post
    I had a similar issue with my 21 Triton- Front ped hole was to close and rear ped hole was too far back. Then one day I realized the dam ped seat was simply in my way. I pulled it out and plugged it into my rear deck and have never looked back. No more sore knee, hip and shoulder joints. No more slipping off of a revolving seat in rough water. and at 61 yrs young, I feel better than ever after a long day fishing a tournament. No seat keeps you from getting lazy too. Give it a try! Somehow we got it in our heads that we need a chair or pole seat. Silly. I've tried to use it a few times since and would rather leave it at home but I figure if a knee ever goes out etc, I'll have it in the boat. Oh, also the standing thing does not work out well without the recessed pedal tray. My second boat has the pedal on the deck and it is rough on the hips while standing IMO.

15. Banned
    If you watch Bill Dance videos, he uses an off set base, i use one also. screw it in and point it forward

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ricbob View Post
    If you watch Bill Dance videos, he uses an off set base, i use one also. screw it in and point it forward
    Yes I’ve seen that . I have a standard spring lock that comes with the boat. . Think that’s more for sitting on a high back seat. So I don’t think it’ll work for a tall pedestal seat and for leaning. Maybe if the made short extensions and I can build it to the height I need. . That would possibly work. Thanks

17. Member
    After not finding an alternative to the seat I just placed the tray where it felt most comfortable. Stopped worrying about optimizing deck space and made a decision. Couple inches less wasn’t a game changer. Thanks for the input . I’ll try to get some pics up when the restoration is completed ofthe ‘m1 edition.

18. Member
    To get thru the underdeck foam for a drain line, get a piece of 3/4" or one inch metal electrical conduit and use that as a drill to make the hole.

Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents