Less than 100$ Froggin' Rod

I am looking for suggestions on a frogging rod under 100$. Like to stick to around 7' 3" or so, normally I would likely look at a St. Croix made in the USA, but afraid I may have spent my budget on fishing for a bit according to the budget committee....... Any suggestions? Any chance of getting made in the USA at this price point? Not a deal breaker though.

Thanks in advance, Matt

2. Banned
    Check the Clearance Bin @Tacklewhorehouse™ This will allow You to also get some new twine as well win/win

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Ark_...age-ARKCL.html

3. Member
    Buy used. Check the Rods for Sale Section on here.

Often times you can get $150 + rod for around $100ish.

4. Member
    For under $100 it might be hard to find a USA rod since Falcon now imports their entry level rods. The Cashion CRT is just a hair over $100 but I’m sure there’s other places to buy cheaper and Cashion makes their rods in N.C.. Another option would be the St Croix BassX, not USA made but made in Mexico and right at $100.

as far as the used rods go, they would be a good choice but you have to act quick, they don’t last long here. Most people also only discount rods 20-25% or so, and at that point might as well just buy new and don’t have to worry about why someone sold it.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    Finding a new American made rod for $100 will be a stretch. I use a Lews Carbon Fire 7’3”h for frogging in heavy cover and it does well. Nice light rod to boot. Can be had for $50-$60. Or save an extra $60 and get a ALX rod. They have a 7’3” heavy in their IKOS line

Ark lancer 7'4 mag heavy is on sale for $80. USA made rod for $100 ain't gonna happen unless you find a used one.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Ark_...age-ARKCL.html

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmastermatt View Post
    I am looking for suggestions on a frogging rod under 100$. Like to stick to around 7' 3" or so, normally I would likely look at a St. Croix made in the USA, but afraid I may have spent my budget on fishing for a bit according to the budget committee....... Any suggestions? Any chance of getting made in the USA at this price point? Not a deal breaker though.

Thanks in advance, Matt
    If new, NO

Abu Veritas frogging rod would be a good one to check out. 7'6" and listed as medium heavy, but it's got more ass than any medium heavy I ever fished. Pretty nice stick for what they cost. I've actually even used mine as a flipping and pitching rod at times, and it works pretty good for that too.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/St_C...cpage-TCX.html

That 7'4"H is probably your best bet.

10. Banned
    In a 7’3” rod you can’t beat the Falcon Jason Christie model. It will bomb a frog and the somewhat mod fast action is absolutely perfect for setting the hook and keeping them pinned. I prefer 7’ for the way I cast and work a frog so I switched to a shorter Falcon but if 7’3” works for you, I can’t think of a better rod at any price.

11. Member
    Thanks all for the great ideas and suggestions! Hoping to pick one up before the ice comes off the lakes up here in MN. So I have a while to find one!

12. Member
    Dobyns Fury or 13 Fishing Fate Black.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

13. Member
    Matt, you won't find many "American Made" rods for $100, but there are quite a few good rods in that price range. I would wait for the big spring sales promotions at the major retailers and check the big online guys too. They are often selling "last year's model" rods and reels for a terrific price. If your are just using it for frogs and similar baits, it doesn't have to be ultra-sensitive but it needs to be strong and have enough tip to cast these baits. I would imagine that there are some big consumer shows in your area and that's a great place to find deals - I would bring my reel to make sure that it fits the reel seat and the whole outfit feels good in your hand.

Matt, just noticed your location. I may have something to help you out - PM on the way.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Dobyns Fury 735C should be able to find a sale at American Legacy and get it in your price range

16. Member
    I have a 7'2" H Denali Fission that is real nice for froggin. Not sure of manufacturing location though.