Broken lock collar on ECU connector

Engine Serial number 0G981368
    2000 Mercury Promax 225
    Not sure on exact make or pitch of prop, it is a stainless 4 blade with no markings on the barrel, it does have four holes and EOT-14326-R4 marked inside the barrel.
    Maximum RPM is unknown at the time because I haven't learned how to drive the boat at WOT and I'm still setting up engine height. At 60 MPH the chine walk starts and I'm still learning to correct it. The RPM is around 5000 at this point.
    Idle water pressure is 4-5 PSI and at 5000 RPM it is around 18, unknown what it will be at when at full WOT as mentioned above.
    Analog instrumentation installed in the dash.
    No engine mods that I'm aware of, but some things aren't adding up.
    The boat is a 1993 Bullet 20XD that I bought used a few months ago.

While checking wires under the cowling of my engine I discovered that the locking collar on my ECU connector is broken. Any advice on how to fix this? I'm assuming the lock collar is not available for replacement as I do not see it on the European Marine parts diagram of the ECU Assembly.

Below is a photo. The locking collar is the light grey ring with a large chunk missing from it. I do not have the chunk. Any recommendations on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

2. Member
    Ring is available, electrical tape works great to get you by. I’ve got one that’s had tape on it for years now, just haven’t gotten around to getting a new ring. 190491 should be the part number you need.

3. Member
    revlimiter, thank you very much! I'll add the ring to my shopping list of fuel system components I need to order from European Marine.

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

4. Member
    I remove tons of electrical tape and Ty straps from motors yearly on the ECU lock collar ...
    Fix it the correct way Mercury Part Number 19049-1 Coupling Ring ... Easy I've found to install is to heat up coupling in boiling water makes it plyable and with a flat blade screw driver will snap in place ....

Jay Smith @ JSRE
    JSRE
    www.jaysmithracingengines.com
    832 597 2603 cst

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1... much better choice than the gooey-gluey method.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor