Best bait cast reel

I am in charge of a raffle and we want a good baitcaster for general bass fishing. Somewhere around $200. I like ABU Revo reels but want to hear what others think is good and why. I would like something new or something that just hit the market.

Ideas?

2. Member
    Since I am Shimano fan, I would say a SLX DC or a Curado K.

I am not one to get into the "best" stuff as I just know what I prefer. That being said the new Tatula Elite reels are amazing. They just dropped a month or two back. The Long Cast version is aptly names. I love the Pitch/Flip version too. They are buttery smooth, built well and feel like a much more expensive reel to me.

4. Member
    Also, can someone name an online store or place to get them? Last reels I bought were on ebay and Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    Also, can someone name an online store or place to get them? Last reels I bought were on ebay and Amazon.

BBC sponsor the Tackle Trap

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I am not one to get into the "best" stuff as I just know what I prefer. That being said the new Tatula Elite reels are amazing. They just dropped a month or two back. The Long Cast version is aptly names. I love the Pitch/Flip version too. They are buttery smooth, built well and feel like a much more expensive reel to me.

Do these have the little switch type deal like the Daiwa™ Ballistic T3?

7. Member
    The Tat SV retails for $200. The TackelTrap has them on sale for under $150 new. I would get one of those. Very multi purpose and good for someone just starting out using a baitcaster.

Those Tatula Elites are really fantastic reels indeed Mark. The deal The Tackle Trap has on the Tatula SV TW or the Catalina TW (left hand only now) are pretty incredible and offer tremendous value on a couple of great reels as well. Feel free to send me a PM if I can help out...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Those Tatula Elites are really fantastic reels indeed Mark. The deal The Tackle Trap has on the Tatula SV TW or the Catalina TW (left hand only now) are pretty incredible and offer tremendous value on a couple of great reels as well. Feel free to send me a PM if I can help out...
    I called a little while ago and ordered the Tatula SB TW from The Tackle Trap. Great deal and very easy and great people to work with...

Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    I called a little while ago and ordered the Tatula SB TW from The Tackle Trap. Great deal and very easy and great people to work with...
    Thank you sir, much appreciated.

11. Member
    Stretch, there are many fine reels for $200. Garcia offers some fine reels in the Revo series, as does Daiwa, Shimano, Lew's and Quantum. Many retailers will be offering spring specials and you might be able to get a great reel for less as there are quite a few in the $129 - $149 range that are really nice reels.

12. Member
    Abu Garcia would be my choice, I have 10 of them and love them all.

If you use lefties that Catalina that the Tackle Trap has will be far and away the best you can do at the price point. I picked up one and am trying really, really hard to convince myself I don't need another (or three...). Otherwise I don't think you can go wrong with anything Daiwa or Shimano make at your price point (as much as it pains me to say it, as this former Shimano fanboy won't give them another penny after a warranty fiasco on bound up Symetres). I'm really partial to the Tatula Type Rs, though the SVs are really nice too. The deal the Tackle Trap has on the SVs is the best around as well. I've not fished the new Elites yet but have heard good things.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34