Skeeter FXR 20 or 21

Looking at getting a new FXR. Anyone have any reviews yet that own them? Is it worth buying a new FXR vs the FX? Any information would be appreciated, especially ride quality, speed or any issues that you have had. Thanks

2. Member
    The FXR is a completely new hull, and yes the ride is definitly better. The hull is a little more aggressive, so the days of triming all the way up and going, are over. This hull will over trim. If you are buying new, unless you find a left over, you will have to buy the FXR as they do not build the FX anymore.

3. Member
    Leftovers are goooood!!

I can't wait for spring to play with my 2019 FX 21 LE I got in Dec.

Planning on spending enough time on the water this year, my dog won't know me when I get home.

4. Member
    Adam 1621...I recently bought the FXR 21 LE. I started my break in period this weekend. Here is what I can share.

The boat does not porpoise at low speeds (18-22 mph). From my understanding this was an issue with previous models. I was out in 3 ft. rollers and the boat handles rough water extremely well! I am coming out of a 21 ft. Ranger and there was no comparison. I am still not able to run it at full throttle for extended periods of time, but I was able to hit 74.5 mph today (really light load...Me 185 lbs, 1/2 tank of gas, etc.). It will chine walk at higher speeds (started around 72 mph for me). I was really curious how it was going to handle rough water and it was able to exceed my expectations! I really feel like Skeeter knocked it out of park with this new model.

Hope this little bit of information helps.

5. Member
    I came out of an FX into the new FXR. The FXR is so much better in my opinion. The ride is superior and the front deck is much larger. The rear compartment redesign is the best on the market also.

6. Member
    Is there a noticeable difference between 20 & 21

7. Member
    I traded my 2017 FX 21LE in for a 2020 FXR 20L in Nov. The 20 is 20'4" while the 21 is 21'4". The ride is alot better in the FXR. Dont get me wrong the FX rides like a dream but the FXR Handles rough water like a champ. On the river Saturday and it was rolling 2 footers and she took it like a champ. With my partner and I, all our gear, half a tank of fuel, and empty livewells, we with hit 72.9. The battery compartment is 100 times better than the FX. The mega tubes in the rod lockers are great. I love mine.

8. Member
    I was wondering about the mega tube rod storage hole. Specifically in the port rod locker. I see the purpose in the center compartment but I guess I don’t understand the purpose in the main rod locker. By the way congrats to the guys that have the new FXR. Bad ass looking boats

9. Member
    So I have a 2019 FX20, I love it but the deck is sort of small for being a 20’ class. IF I were to do it again, I would have gotten an FX21. At the time when I put the deposit down, I was unaware of the FXR coming out.

regardless, if you can get an FXR 21, I’d say go for it. Looks sweet and the deck is amazing. Not to mention my FX20 battery compartment is not very user friendly compared to the FXR.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Skeeter FX20 250 SHO

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascar Z-21 View Post
    Adam 1621...I recently bought the FXR 21 LE. I started my break in period this weekend. Here is what I can share.

The boat does not porpoise at low speeds (18-22 mph). From my understanding this was an issue with previous models. I was out in 3 ft. rollers and the boat handles rough water extremely well! I am coming out of a 21 ft. Ranger and there was no comparison. I am still not able to run it at full throttle for extended periods of time, but I was able to hit 74.5 mph today (really light load...Me 185 lbs, 1/2 tank of gas, etc.). It will chine walk at higher speeds (started around 72 mph for me). I was really curious how it was going to handle rough water and it was able to exceed my expectations! I really feel like Skeeter knocked it out of park with this new model.

Hope this little bit of information helps.
    What year and model ranger are you coming from, can you give a little feedback between the 2. I'm really wanting to pull the trigger on one.

11. Member
    2016ranger520...I am coming out of a 2007 Z21 Nascar Edition Ranger...Never had a problem at all with the Ranger...I knew that my Ranger was getting to the point that I was going to have to start updating items such as trolling motor, carpet, etc. so I started looking...I opted to go with the FXR 21 and it was the right choice (for me). The boat (all the way around) handles much better than my previous boat and is much more responsive on the water! I have never been consumed by "the speed factor", but these new models will roll down the lake. My previous Ranger full load, etc. would run high 60's...This past weekend I had 3/4 of a tank, full tackle, fishing partner (250ish), but empty livewells and ran 73 (There is a little more than that in her!) I am more impressed with the way it handles rough water than anything. The new deeper "v" does a great job! I have not had it in massive rollers yet, but 2 1/2 to 3 foot rollers were not a problem at all. There is a major difference between the "draft" of the skeeter and my old Ranger (meaning it takes a lot less TM to get you moving and and continue drifting). The overall ride (to me) is much better and a lot drier than my Ranger!! As for the layout, both boats are very similar to me. I like them both! I can promise you that I am shooting you straight...I told my wife from the very beginning, if I don't like it I will put it up for sale the very next day!! Personally I feel like skeeter hit a home run with this model and you will be impressed with it as well. Hope this info helps!

12. Banned
    What is the difference between the FX and the FX "LE" ?

13. Member
    LEs are package boats with Power-Poles, limited-edition colors, stereo, deck padding, Ultrex, etc. Very few options (cover, hydraulic jack plate). The standard FX and now FXR boats offer custom colors (you choose) and pick most of your upgrades as far as trolling motors, stereo, carpet padding, keel guard, Power-Poles, etc.

14. Member
    I hope my skeeter buddies all buy FXR's because all their zx's and fx's are rough as hell. I am interested to see how well the FXR actually rides. I have always loved fishing from skeeters and their layout is second to none.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

15. Member
    FXR is a huge improvement from my looking at one up close and personal.Just a few features make a big difference. Step on the nose for those that have steps/ladders on fronts of trailers, boat wide access to battery box, bilge, etc., and wide front has more room for graph gear and movement.

I have heard the ride is totally different and definitely an improvement on the need to work the trim to avoid the porpoising in the older models. That is the one feature that makes me want an upgrade.

I will just keep working the trim.

16. Member
    What is the speed difference in the fxr 20 and 21 ? The website lists them as the same weight at 2175. From what I’m seeing the 21 is running just as fast as the 20. Doesn’t seem right to me
    Bullet 21XD/250 Racing XS

17. Member
    When I was considering buying a new FXR 21 I specifically asked the dealer (Nautical Mile) that very question...I was originally planning on going with the 20...The owner told me that when they test drove the 20 and 21's that the top end speeds were very close on both models...With that information, I opted to go with the FXR 21 LE...Been very pleased with the boat so far (still less than 10 hours).