2001 196 Pedestal questions

Hey guys! Few things. First, my pedestals fit in the holes but are a PITA to remove. Takes 2 grown men and a strap wrench. Anybody ran into this and got a fix for it? I believe they are 1.77 inch Swivl-Eze snap lock pedestals.

Another related question. When I was pulling out the bike seat, the little clip that holds the gas cylinder in snapped. Can I get that clip or do I have to buy an entire new pedestal.

Thanks
    Chase Parks

2001 ChampioN 196 DCX Elite
    2001 200 Yamaha VMax 3.1L
    80 lb Minn Kota Fortrex

2. Member
    They are 1.75 thats why the 1.77 u have is so tight .I sanded my hole and the pedestal to get it to fit easier .They only used 1.75 for a few years .

3. Member
    If you have an old office chair with a gas lift for height adjustments you can find a clip there, just be careful when picking up the chair later, if you remember.
    I had ordered a couple gas lifts from Amazon for office chairs to fix two of my seat posts.
    Nelson

Convert it to the pin style and be done with it. Worth the money in new seat pedestals. Takes about 30 seconds with a rubber mallet.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Swivl-Eze...ref=nb_sb_noss

Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    Convert it to the pin style and be done with it. Worth the money in new seat pedestals. Takes about 30 seconds with a rubber mallet.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Swivl-Eze...ref=nb_sb_noss
    I bought two of these to convert both pedestals on my 196. But, when I went to install the first one, I didn't lube it or sand the hole at all. BIG mistake. Wound up having to cut it our with a saw and a chisel. Only got it about half way in when it seized up. Took hours. I haven't gone back to do it the right way yet, but still plan to later this spring. I need two new pedestals anyway so the time is right.

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I've used a DeWalt DAFE1F0810 80 grit flapsander to relieve mine and finished up with a DAFE1E1810 180 grit to smooth it up, and it worked like a charm. In fact, the hole I use at the bow now fits a little loose so sand a little and try the fit. My 210 has two pedestal holes on the front. One for guys with long legs & the other for guys with really long legs. I don't fall into either of those categories

7. Member
    Thanks for all the feedback! I think I'm gonna go with sanding the holes and hoping to find a clip.
    Chase Parks

80 lb Minn Kota Fortrex

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I bought a bag of clips off of ebay a while back. If I haven't put them up where I wouldn't forget where, I'll send you one. PM me your address.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I bought a bag of clips off of ebay a while back. If I haven't put them up where I wouldn't forget where, I'll send you one. PM me your address.
    PM Sent
    Chase Parks

80 lb Minn Kota Fortrex

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I've used a DeWalt DAFE1F0810 80 grit flapsander to relieve mine and finished up with a DAFE1E1810 180 grit to smooth it up, and it worked like a charm. In fact, the hole I use at the bow now fits a little loose so sand a little and try the fit. My 210 has two pedestal holes on the front. One for guys with long legs & the other for guys with really long legs. I don't fall into either of those categories
    This. Exactly what i did. I originally machined a plug like the one from amazon but out of aluminum. Bronzed bush in the center and o ringed on the outside for a snug fit. I used an offset post for more leg room but after a bit felt like it put too much stress on the deck so i went back to the original.
    Last edited by fastfiat; 01-25-2020 at 01:01 AM.