Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chickamauga Lodging Recommednations

My small bass club is planning a trip to Chick in March. We are going to stay in the Dayton area and are looking for hotel recommendations. I have been told the Best Western...anyone confirm that or have other recommendations? Only thing I would worry about is the safety of having my boat at the hotel and electric available outside.

Also, no one in our club has ever been there. We are launching from Dayton on that end of the lake. Is there specific areas that we can focus on that are traditionally good and hold numbers of fish? I don't want spots, just maybe a few creeks or sloughs to focus on (or would main river been good at that time?)

Thanks in advance!

Sleep Inn at Dayton. Has power on the parking lot, designed for fishermen. Lot of folks also use Holiday Inn express.
    Fishing will depend on rainfall, how much water is pulled, muddy water etc. Lake doesn't come up till later, late April.Look at archives on Chattanooga fishing forum for ideas, reports are good overview.

3. kenny@bunchmarine
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalliefan2 View Post
    Sleep Inn at Dayton. Has power on the parking lot, designed for fishermen. Lot of folks also use Holiday Inn express.
    Fishing will depend on rainfall, how much water is pulled, muddy water etc. Lake doesn't come up till later, late April.Look at archives on Chattanooga fishing forum for ideas, reports are good overview.
    Times 2 for Sleep Inn but you could also look at Blue Water Resort. They have a ramp, they have cabins to rent. It's great fishing just inside that creek too. Also, not far from Dayton bot dock.

4. Member
    Thanks for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by kenny@bunchmarine View Post
    Times 2 for Sleep Inn but you could also look at Blue Water Resort. They have a ramp, they have cabins to rent. It's great fishing just inside that creek too. Also, not far from Dayton bot dock.
    +2

there were some houses on FB in the Chicamauga fishing page... if your going to be getting 3 or more rooms the house might be cheaper... Blue Water Resort is incredible and I will make my second trip there in the last 3 months. Fishing the BFL on the 7th of March.
    MAKING DONATIONS TO GREAT FISHERMAN EVERY WEEKEND
    2005 CHAMPION 188 ELITE

Water will still be low in March so be really careful and stay in the channel markers going out of Richland Creek.

8. Member
    Check this place out. Tell them Dylan sent you. Built by fisherman for fisherman.
    https://www.facebook.com/The-Lake-Lo...0941943635372/
    2013 Legend 211R
    2017 Ford F-150 Ecoboost

9. kenny@bunchmarine
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebass View Post
    Check this place out. Tell them Dylan sent you. Built by fisherman for fisherman.
    https://www.facebook.com/The-Lake-Lo...0941943635372/
    Is that Ricky Robinson's place?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny@bunchmarine View Post
    Is that Ricky Robinson's place?
    Yes Ricky and sons. I was Dericks college fishing partner and have seen the place, Top notch
    2013 Legend 211R
    2017 Ford F-150 Ecoboost

Anyone stay at Island Cove Marina and resort?

Looks a little dated, but as long as it is clean.

12. Member
    Island Cove is fine. It's mid lake. Lots of ramps close by (Harrison Bay State Park and Wolftiever are 5 minutes away). Dayton is 30-40 minutes via roads and a bit closer by water at 60 mph.

13. Member
    Lake Lodge was awesome! stayed there Saturday night

I booked with the lake lodge for a upcoming trip. place looks awesome with the shed to park under in front of your room. looking forward to it!!!!

15. Member
    Update - We are staying at the Lake Lodge. Now that the Elites are going to be there, Dayton ramp is off limits. How is the Sale Creek boat ramp near the bridge?

16. Matt20xd
    I don't have any experience with that ramp know quite a few people use it though. Could always run up 60 to grasshopper creek ramp. It's a good ramp and have never had any issues there. Think its $5 a day.

17. Banned
    As of right now, the lake is down 7.5 feet. It may still be that low next W/E so it would be a good idea to have a locator with a quality mapping feature with lake level offset if you plan on running outside of channel buoys. Tow Boats US is having brisk business pulling people off the numerous sand bars and mud humps that dot the lower end of the lake.

Bill

We ended up staying at Island Cove Resort. It was very nice. Can't complain at all. It was up a steep hill, but it was manageable. If it would be full of boats, it would be tough. There was us and two other boats and it was fine.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by axis View Post
    We ended up staying at Island Cove Resort. It was very nice. Can't complain at all. It was up a steep hill, but it was manageable. If it would be full of boats, it would be tough. There was us and two other boats and it was fine.
    Steep hill? Sounds like too many Cervaza's at Amigo's before bedtime to me. :)

Bill

20. Member
    How careful do we need to be launching from Dayton with the extremely low water? Are any of the backwater areas accessible just upriver from Dayton, such as around Moon Island?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast