Question Helix10 Chirp Mega DI GPS G2N Software update

Hello Wayne.. Long Overdue but time to update software on my Helix 10 Mega DI G2N. Current SW version is 1.54, I have an Ultrex, XTM 9 MDI T transducer, 5 port ethernet switch and 1199 Networked. I do not have 360 today, my question, am I safe to skip versions and upgrade to the latest SW available ( 2.180 ) or do you recommend installing older intermediate versions before going to 2.180.

Help / advice appreciate.
    J

If you need inbetween software, it would be included in the download. You cannot miss any since the latest software as all the previous ones included.

It is different with an ONIX and SOLIX.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks Wayne.. update completed successfully to 2.180, hope for a "on water" test tomorrow but self test shows everything connected back up.
    One question if I may, the Transducer installed is XTM9 MDI T. in the setup menu, what Transducer should I be selecting to utilize that transducer as I see many options now. I was having problems with DI prior to this update but 2D was excellent. Hoping software update and Factory Default settings will correct..
    Thanks Wayne
    J

Quote Originally Posted by jaytd View Post
    Thanks Wayne.. update completed successfully to 2.180, hope for a "on water" test tomorrow but self test shows everything connected back up.
    One question if I may, the Transducer installed is XTM9 MDI T. in the setup menu, what Transducer should I be selecting to utilize that transducer as I see many options now. I was having problems with DI prior to this update but 2D was excellent. Hoping software update and Factory Default settings will correct..
    Thanks Wayne
    J
    You should not have to select the transducer. Default is the one that comes with the unit and is listed first in the Connected Transducer setting.
    XTM is a transom transducer with a trolling motor mount block, and XM is the transom transducer with transom mount. They are the same as far as the transducer itself and unit operation.

If you are using a Minnkota MDI internal transducer, the setting is Built-in HW+MDI
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL