Buying a used legend

I am most likely going to sell my current boat in the coming months and with that in mind I’ve been casually looking into what I want to replace it with. I have fished out of a 211 a couple of times (several years ago) but that boat no longer exists. My only real reservation with buying a legend boat of any model is the fact they are no longer made. Should that be something I think about, Is it a legit concern? What are y'all's thoughts on buying a legend nowadays?

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I bought my current 2007 Champion in 2011. The company was shut down in 2009. Other than proprietary parts, everything is available from the OEM 3rd party vendor. There are also sources to get plastic panels that may have broken replaced. So would I have any reservation? If that's what you really want, find one that has been well maintained and go for it! In fact, the 211 was on my short list when I was looking back in 2011.

3. Member
    I wouldnt hesitate buying a used Legend. Tempted to sell my 199 and get a 211 . Saw some good deals out there

4. Member
    I’ve got a 2011 211. It’s an amazing boat, bought it 2 yrs ago. Not a single problem yet! Find one in good shape and buy it and thank us later!
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

5. Member
    2017 V20 listed in boats for sale forum $43,500, only 149 hours.

6. Member
    Like stated above
    Aside from the actual fiberglass hull and various model specific trim pieces everything else (on any boat) is made by somebody else.. I have a 2012 211 and I have to say aside from a 14+ R model I dont really care much about any of the other new boats coming out
    As for them being out of business, keep in mind the company that purchased and shut them down also purchased Ranger boats, and Triton boats.. and while those are still manufactured none of the trim or panels are interchangeable with the older models...
    As far as used bost purchases I dont see you being in a much different state should you have an issue with any used boat for most models ie you buy a 4 yr old Ranger whatever wrmg offers for warranty or repair on that would be the same as a 4 yr old alpha or V series
    Aside from Basscat or skeeter who seem to have the best customer service of anyone still around on even 10yr or older boats

Buy whatever you want in the nicest condition you can find

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b00stin4 View Post
    Like stated above
    Aside from the actual fiberglass hull and various model specific trim pieces everything else (on any boat) is made by somebody else.. I have a 2012 211 and I have to say aside from a 14+ R model I dont really care much about any of the other new boats coming out
    As for them being out of business, keep in mind the company that purchased and shut them down also purchased Ranger boats, and Triton boats.. and while those are still manufactured none of the trim or panels are interchangeable with the older models...
    As far as used bost purchases I dont see you being in a much different state should you have an issue with any used boat for most models ie you buy a 4 yr old Ranger whatever wrmg offers for warranty or repair on that would be the same as a 4 yr old alpha or V series
    Aside from Basscat or skeeter who seem to have the best customer service of anyone still around on even 10yr or older boats

Buy whatever you want in the nicest condition you can find
    they made r- models in 2013 too

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by La Boy View Post
    they made r- models in 2013 too
    Yea I know lol

9. Member
    This is my first post on here since joining so bear with me. I bought a 2014 211R from a member of this site back in June of last year. I had the same reservations as you. After some checking, there is a contact, Pete I think it is, at WRM that came over from Legend. I contacted him a couple times and he was very knowledgeable and helpful. Also, Great Lakes Skipper carries some of the leftover parts for the Legends. I have had 0 issues with my Legend and I absolutely love it. One thing I will mention that was told to me by Pete, if you buy a Legend and are the 2nd owner, you can get the hull warranty transferred over and WRM will honor it. The only caveat is that you only have 30 days to do it after the purchase. I didn’t know this until it was too late, so I missed out.

I wouldn't hesitate one minute if the boat is in good shape and been taken care of go for it , as has been said other than the hull itself , all other parts are made from other manufacturers , I bought a 2009 Champion 210 in 2013 , didn't hesitate one second boat was (and is) in excellent shape and the price was right

good luck if you do get it Post Pictures

2009 ELITE 210