Interference on a Sabre

I have a 2017 Sabre and am having a hard time finding a spot for my heading/GPS puck. I first tried the rear starboard side near the vent. It was great until the motor was running and would spazz out if I trimmed up or down. I moved it to the port side near the vent and it is better but still spazzs out occasionally. I run with the course up and that part is good but the boat icons spins all over the place.

According to the Humminbird experts I need to find a better place for the puck (AS GPS HS). Anyone have an interference free spot for this puck on a Sabre?

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

You placed it on a zinc cowl vent, which is not good. We would find a flat glass panel and Mount it hard, or offset a angle bracket and side mount it.

3. Member
    My 08 classic had three of them. One for front sonar was mounted right behind the T.M. bracket about 2" back. Two on rear were mounted 3-4" away from the air scoops. All worked flawlessly until I replaced everything with Lawrance units with built-in GPS. Don't mount 'em on metal. Don't mount 'em real close to a high-current voltage source that fluctuates while you are using GPS. You have to flinch and bear it, and drill 3 holes (if yours is the same as what I had) in the boat. You can always plug them in the future using plastic "christmas tree plugs".
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

I did not mount it on the vent. In each case, I was 3-4 inches from the vent. I always use 3M double sided tape until I find a good spot. I am going to move it up on the carpet away from the motor a bit more and try again.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    It is much more important where you run the cable from the puck. Needs to be away from any engine cables specifically. Mine (on the rear port side) had the cable running forward to the live well, then across the back away from all the motor cables, then the short run to the sonar at the console. An Opti sends a good bit of data through cables, particularly if you have smart craft type gauges. You need to avoid running parallel with those for as far as you can (you will be stuck when you have to turn the cables toward the bow to get to the console.) But minimize it.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200