Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tested props today

So the 24p fury is not the right prop for my setup which i knew from info i read on here which is very helpful. Shop north of me demos props and they had a 22p tempest on the shelf so decided to try it. They also had a 22p bravo fs on the shelf so grabbed that to try as well. The tempest definitely handled better than the fury since i could run it higher but still seemed to want to chinewalk pretty easy. Rpms were right at 6200 and we were getting 67-68 mph. So bolted the bravo on. Man did it run sweet with that prop. Holeshot insane all 4 holes plugged midrange punch was amazing and could air it out with ease without the bad chine very stable to correct and keep rolling. Was running 67 mph but hitting the limiter a couple times so we ordered a 23p bravo fs and i think we will have it just right with that. Very pleased how it went today. Love the boat.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Member
    NICE.....Can’t wait to see how you like the 23p!

3. Member
    Yes keep us posted on the bravo. I didn’t run any 4 blade props as was looking for top speed.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

Will do. Top speed was right up to par honestly compared but at least it would stay on pad without so much driver input. The tempest was alot better than the fury tho. Maybe the cup you added on yours dave helped because i ran out of rpms with the 22p to get to 70 and i tried anywhere from 3.5”-2” below pad.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

5. Member
    Yes without the work on the 22 I would have to put the 23 on for winter. Now I have a 23 here as a spare or now you have me thinking to sell my 23 Tempest and get a 23 Bravo for a spare.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

I think if i went with the tempest i was just gonna order a 23p and split the difference. The cruising rpms with the 22 were a little high i did like that about the fury 59 mph at 4900 rpm is pretty nice but i dont want to lug the motor and dont like the handling of it too much. One thing i will say with the bravo be ready to hear that v8 sound that short barrel changes the exhaust note quite a bit.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    Also I am wondering if you can run the Bravo higher on the jackplate? Right now I am at 2.5” and 30 psi H2O at WOT with the Tempest Plus.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

8. Member
    I’m anxiously awaiting the report on the 23 bravo. If it runs like you expect, and stabilizes the ride at WOT like the 22 bravo did I think I will sell my tempest plus 23 and buy the bravo. I would like to keep my tempest for a spare, but I can’t afford to have a spare at that price unfortunately..,,,At least not till I get my electronics where I want them.

9. Banned
    I was running a 22 Bravo XS on my Cat. Loved that prop! It was great for high altitude lakes. I just bought a TRX21 with a Verado 250 and it has a 24 Fury on it. Ive yet to get it out because of the water. If it isnt right Ill be looking at another Bravo.

10. Member
    Don’t know if y’all want it but from what I’ve found Lawrenceburg marine has the lowest prop price I’ve seen on the bravo fs only $665

11. Member
    Thanks for posting that link, that is the best price I have seen. Question, What is the difference between a bravo 1 FS and a bravo 1 XS?

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Thanks for posting that link, that is the best price I have seen. Question, What is the difference between a bravo 1 FS and a bravo 1 XS?
    My XS has two pvs holes per blade.

13. Member
    I did a little Google search, it sounds like the bravo 1FS is for the mercury 4 strokes. Roy, is this what you ordered? Here’s also a little video I found on it.

Yes xs has 8 pvs holes fs only has 4. The prop i tried was an fs all 4 holes plugged and it was a rocket out of the hole. These v8s are not short on torque that is for sure. Yes i did order a 23p bravo 1 FS.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    My XS has two pvs holes per blade.
    Thank you for posting that, I think the FS only has one pvs hole per blade. From what I can tell the XS is more for a two-stroke motor and the FS is more for four strokes, is that the way you understand it?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Yes xs has 8 pvs holes fs only has 4. The prop i tried was an fs all 4 holes plugged and it was a rocket out of the hole. These v8s are not short on torque that is for sure. Yes i did order a 23p bravo 1 FS.
    thanks Roy. I want to order that prop so bad, (haha) but I’m trying to make myself wait for you to verify results. So for the record, I need to order a “Bravo 1 FS 23 pitch - right hand prop”

Correct thats what i ordered. It ran really good at 2.25” ptp on top end but holeshot it would blowout at that height. The hydro jack plate makes that nice i just lower it on takeoff. With a manual you may have to split the difference not sure.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Huff189 View Post
    Don’t know if y’all want it but from what I’ve found Lawrenceburg marine has the lowest prop price I’ve seen on the bravo fs only $665

Thats a good price for sure. Local shop was high than that but not unreasonable compared to other prices i seen online plus they let us test their props so i didnt wanna not buy there you know. They made it a gokd deal in the end.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Thank you for posting that, I think the FS only has one pvs hole per blade. From what I can tell the XS is more for a two-stroke motor and the FS is more for four strokes, is that the way you understand it?
    Yeah thats what Ive been told.

I have a 2015 18 TRX with the 2 stroke Pro XS and am getting ready to try new props because I'm sick of not getting the speed I should be getting from what you are saying about running a 23 pitch on the 4 stroke this 24 pitch Tempest plus I bought should do the trick for me if I'm not mistaken the 4 stroke turns more rpm's than the 2 stroke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast