Thread: The Economy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Economy

Well you can tell how well the economy is doing. Just look at what the muscle/collector cars are selling for on Barrett-Jackson. I.E. the first mid-engine #0001 Corvette sold for #3,000,000

2. Member
    While I am proud that the economy is booming I do not think that the way some rich folks are spending their money an indicator.

3. Member
    Hendrick only spent what the book value of the vette is. The rest was a tax deductible donation. He will sell the vette for a profit.

I know one boat salesman that sold 7 brand new rigged out 20-21' bass boats today.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I know one boat salesman that sold 7 brand new rigged out 20-21' bass boats today.

You could of sold 10-12 urself

Quote Originally Posted by James john View Post
    You could of sold 10-12 urself
    Too busy selling MB baits.....great buying crowd this year. They had already broke the all time show record for the 3 day show by around mid day today and still a whole day left. They have sold massive amounts of tackle. Best day ever in their history today.

7. Member
    Too busy selling MB baits.....great buying crowd this year. They had already broke the all time show record for the 3 day show by around mid day today and still a whole day left. They have sold massive amounts of tackle. Best day ever in their history today.
    Mark, where was this show located?

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    He must be a fast talker. Figuring 10 hours at the most, that’s a sale every hour and a half. I just bought a car 2 weeks ago and was in the dealership for 3 hours on the initial visit. And I have a lot more options to consider when buying a bass boat than a car!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

9. Banned

Target Rich environment, guys going to look & buy and guys wanting to sell; aka "Perfect Storm"

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    While I am proud that the economy is booming I do not think that the way some rich folks are spending their money an indicator.
    Probably the best indicator of all.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    Hendrick only spent what the book value of the vette is. The rest was a tax deductible donation. He will sell the vette for a profit.
    No he won't sell it, he keeps them.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    He must be a fast talker. Figuring 10 hours at the most, that’s a sale every hour and a half. I just bought a car 2 weeks ago and was in the dealership for 3 hours on the initial visit. And I have a lot more options to consider when buying a bass boat than a car!
    My son and I just bought a new boat, we were at the dealer twice for a total of 45 minutes.

13. Member
    I doubt Rick Hendricks will sell that Vette. He has one of the best Vette collections around.

Or he has done it for years and is really good. People are a lot more educated these days and have a good idea what tbey want too.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    Probably the best indicator of all.
    Right.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

16. Member
    To put things into perspective, Hendrick's is a billionaire. 3 million is .003% of a billion. For someone that has $100,000 in savings, that same .003% is $300. That is a good rod.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

One of the best years I have had——— and I’m retired

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    No he won't sell it, he keeps them.
    He sold a few this week but I agree he may keep this one.

Some customers are not pains in the asses and know what they want ahead of time lol

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    One of the first things to happen in 08' was people with a lot more money than I will ever have quit buying. Good times trickle down just as well as the bad times.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast