206 Frustrating Rod Locker!

Anyone know where I can pickup a new or used rod holder for a 2005 206?
    I keep breaking eyes and need to find a better solution
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

2. Member
    Do you Use rod socks on them? I use rod socks on all on my rods even when they are in the rod locker box. I haven’t had any issues. Coach

3. Banned
    You breaking eyes with the system or without? My holder was horrible and I took it out.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 01-19-2020 at 08:20 PM. Reason: iPhones suck

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coachmas View Post
    Do you Use rod socks on them? I use rod socks on all on my rods even when they are in the rod locker box. I haven’t had any issues. Coach
    Want to find something easier than socks. At any one time I have 10 rods out and all those socks got a little tedious
    2005 206

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You breaking eyes with the system or without? Mine holder was horrible and I took it out.
    Without...no kidding. What did you find to be the biggest issue?
    2005 206

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You breaking eyes with the system or without? Mine holder was horrible and I took it out.
    About to pull mine out as well and go to socks.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magnumb View Post
    Without...no kidding. What did you find to be the biggest issue?

trying to get them into the tubes without bending eyes, might not be too bad on 6’ rods; but I have many longer rods. I tried using the rack and getting rid of the tubes, but it wasn’t much better. Finally made my own rack that has a little different spacing for the reels. I still have to use socks though.

8. Member
    i to have broken more rods getting rods in and out of my locker than i care to count .....i still have my rack in as well

9. Member
    I got rid of the tubes and use rod sleeves, I slide the rods out of the sleeves as I pull them out of the rod locker. I did leave the rack in place to keep the reels from banging against each other when the reel covers are off.
    Nelson

10. Member
    That rod organizer system is junk. The tubes and rod holders are horrible in my opinion. I put my rods on the drivers side

I've had the issue as well. I'm about to build a little "shelf system" with two small tiered shelves and cover it in matching carpet. Install it and remove the "moosehead" rack and tubes. Just use socks and matching reel covers. I'm also going to install carpet a little further towards the bow than what's currently there just so the socks don't catch on the edges of chopped fiberglass.

Will take some pics when done and installed. What I'm making is similar to how the port rod lockers are on the new Nitro Z21s.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    I've had the issue as well. I'm about to build a little "shelf system" with two small tiered shelves and cover it in matching carpet. Install it and remove the "moosehead" rack and tubes. Just use socks and matching reel covers. I'm also going to install carpet a little further towards the bow than what's currently there just so the socks don't catch on the edges of chopped fiberglass.

Will take some pics when done and installed. What I'm making is similar to how the port rod lockers are on the new Nitro Z21s.
    Would be interested in seeing this!
    I did find using rubber mat material that a chair rolls on for inside front of the rod lockers did help a lot as far a getting rods in and out. Just was looking for something to keep things separated a bit.
    2005 206

Quote Originally Posted by magnumb View Post
    Would be interested in seeing this!
    I did find using rubber mat material that a chair rolls on for inside front of the rod lockers did help a lot as far a getting rods in and out. Just was looking for something to keep things separated a bit.
    May be a bit before I get to it since I just found out today that I've got to do some travelling for work in Q1 this year. I'm going to make if of soft pine to keep weight down and such. I like the idea of the "tiered" thing so I can keep some distance between the reels and (hopefully) minimize boat rash. But, it'll also do away with all the wasted space in there and those dang tubes! I'll probably give them away to someone here on the boards if they want them...but I'm done with it. Big PITA in my opinion.

When I get going on it, I'll post some pics on this thread...

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post

I've thought about the same thing but with some sort of vertical divider, just one or two, and not real tall, maybe just half or 2/3 the depth of the locker. I kind of thought just having the locker partly divided could help, rather than having one huge pile of rods in there.... When I had mine all apart I did extend the carpet up like you said, a little foresight there I guess (that's a rarity for me). Also I realized where the inner vertical wall of the locker tapers down with the hull up toward the bow, mine had a real acute angle there that could easily snag rod tips or guides, so I reworked that whole junction. Access through the trolling motor pedal tray hole wasn't too bad.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp