Rigging the Mojo Rig

I am new to this technique, and have used the Carolina Rig very few times. On the Mojo Rig, I see most people recommend using straight Mono or a Hybrid Fluoro/Nylon line. Not saying I can't rig it with the above suggestions but would probably have to either BUY another spinning set up (Such the horor….) or have to break down an existing rod, to set the Mojo rig up, everytime. I have several spinning set ups with braid to a fluoro leader. Can I use the Fluoro leader?

2. Banned
    Over complicating the simplest rig ever. Of course

3. Member
    Thanks Big Guy.

4. Member
    Yes braid to fluoro will work. I use braid to nylon just because of the slower sink rate.

5. Member
    Use a long enough leader the braid isn't dragging on the rock.

6. Member
    just factor this in. I am a big believer in the mojo rig and believe a floating line is better. The bait at the end in many cases needs to be something that floats and a floating line or at least neutral is IMO an important component. If you are primarily fishing it as a bait that gets bit on the fall (not a bad plan), then braid to fluro is fine.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

7. Banned
    I love mono. Trilene XL or Sensation...floro is the "new" invisible miracle line. Hogwash. Very few waters are that clear. But people are brainwashed

Catch bobber stops for sale on eBay and you can buy them by the hundreds cheap. I also caught a guy selling genuine MOJO stick weights and bought up several sizes. Two large black bobber stops either side of a MOJO weight and an offset wire hook on straight leaderless mono. Can't get much simpler than that. I have a MOJO and a JIKA rigged up on two spinning outfits all the time. I pretty much do not T-Rig with bullet weights anymore. MOJO and JIKA hang up in cracked rock far less and both present a much more lively looking bait.

9. Member
    Skeeterbait, I have a JIKA rig in my tackle bag and also have a couple Tokyo rigs in my tacklebag as well. I will have a MOJO rig set up, on my front deck. It will consist of 20# Braid to a 12# Co-poly leader. I am new to all 3 techniques and need to wait until springtime as winter is in full bloom, here in N.H.

10. Member
    Have used mojo rig for years---works great. Also look up split shot rig, pretty much same thing but as simple as it can get.
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

I've fished the Splitshot rig A LOT, with great results after giving up on the MOJO rig. I could not keep the MOJO weight from moving on the line, even using double the strands they claim will work. A drop of thin CA glue might make it work better, but a good quality #1 > #4 Splitshot works really well. Do NOT get the easy removable type of splitshot...they are very snaggy.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.