Thread: Trailer shocks

Trailer shocks

Has anyone added trailer shocks after buying a Phoenix. Looked at my trailer and it looks like everything is pretty much there except what actually mounts the shock which shouldn’t be much or hard to do.
    2005 Champion 198 SC
    2022 Yamaha sho 225hp

2. Member
    I'd like information as well?
    -D
    2014 PHOENIX 920 PRO XP / MERC 250 PRO XS / 25P Tempest
    FORTREX 101 / Double HDS-10s

3. Member
    The shock mounts are there? If so just give marine master a call or maybe somebody here can give you the part number for the shocks

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    got any pics? haven't noticed the mounts on any that didn't come with shocks but that may be new
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    If you can get them on there, your boat will thank you.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

7. Member
    Has anyone replaced their stock shocks with after market?
    2014 Phoenix 721
    250 SHO

My trailer does not have shocks and does not have the shock mount tabs welded to the trailer. I wish it did maybe it would end what sounds like leaf spring popping sound in a slow tight turn mainly when backing. Any fix out there? And no I didn't call Marine Master yet.

9. Member
    My old nitro trailer popped like you are saying and I decided to look at it with the boat off. The leaf springs were cracked and just had not fallen off yet so you may want to check those. ��

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    My trailer does not have shocks and does not have the shock mount tabs welded to the trailer. I wish it did maybe it would end what sounds like leaf spring popping sound in a slow tight turn mainly when backing. Any fix out there? And no I didn't call Marine Master yet.
    I had the same exact issue with my last boat (stratos) and end up taking it to a local trailer supply place and they had to rework it where the leaf springs attached to the trailer, It had an extremely loud pop when having to back it up and turning at the same time and that fixed the problem, also had them install wet bolts that eliminated all the other squeaking too, just give them shot of grease couple times a year. Used these same style wet bolts on my phoenix trailer also.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...6-2-6-112.html

Quote Originally Posted by rakkc View Post
    I had the same exact issue with my last boat (stratos) and end up taking it to a local trailer supply place and they had to rework it where the leaf springs attached to the trailer, It had an extremely loud pop when having to back it up and turning at the same time and that fixed the problem, also had them install wet bolts that eliminated all the other squeaking too, just give them shot of grease couple times a year. Used these same style wet bolts on my phoenix trailer also.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...6-2-6-112.html
    Thanks, I'll look into getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by agdave112 View Post
    My old nitro trailer popped like you are saying and I decided to look at it with the boat off. The leaf springs were cracked and just had not fallen off yet so you may want to check those. ��
    I looked at them with the boat off trailer didn't see any problems but I'll have to check again. Appreciate the response.