Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are Triton’s still worth buying?

Have we established that it’s only the 2018 Tritons that are lemons?? Would a 2017 or 2019 be ok??

2. Member
    To be honest, this thread was predictable and I was just wondering how long it would be before I seen it. I don’t believe that we’ve established 2018‘s are no good, although there’s been a few disturbing reports, but the thousands of 2018 boats that we have not heard about are out there. I don’t think I would try to cause panic anybody that has a 2018 Triton. I have a very good friend who has a 2018 189 TRX, he has had zero problems with it and absolutely loves it. He is one of the reasons along with my previous TR 186, why I bought my new Triton.

I have a 2019 18TRX, and I could not be any happier than I am with it. I absolutely love the way the boat looks, the fit and finish seems spectacular, it rides great and fishes better than any boat I’ve ever been in. It runs strong. I’ve also owned a Ranger boat, and it was a great boat. I’m not going to knock any brand, but I can tell you for the money, and for my fishing habits, I highly recommend Triton. There are thousands of trouble free Tritons on the water, and I don’t believe for one minute they have any more issues than other boats in their price catagory. My feeling toward Triton has not changed one bit and I would definitely buy my boat all over again. That’s my opinion for what it’s worth.

3. Member
    I personally think 2017 and 2018 are the worst years. Once they got into the new Midway plant they are much better. Too many things in transition during late 17 and 18. However, I never had any issues with my 2018 20 TrX.
    Last edited by Landar; 01-19-2020 at 08:18 AM.

4. Member
    I have a '14 Triton 18XS and it has been great. Buddy has a '18 Triton 19 footer and he has had no problems with it as well. I will be looking at their 19TRX Patriot in a couple years without pause.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

5. Member
    I would buy one, but as with every new boat I've bought I would demand a test drive before signing papers. I would test everything.... I mean everything on the boat during the test drive. Open the back hatch before, during and after looking for leaks. Look over the gelcoat and trailer too. Once you sign it's yours and dealing with warranty issues can be a pain. Do not let a couple of lemons sway you, although it does suck that Triton and their parent company aren't stepping up.
    Brad Krone

6. Member
    I have a 2019 18 TRX and it has been perfect so far no issues. My dealer did go through my boat top to bottom and water tested everything on it to be sure of no issues before turning it over to me.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    I would buy one, but as with every new boat I've bought I would demand a test drive before signing papers. I would test everything.... I mean everything on the boat during the test drive. Open the back hatch before, during and after looking for leaks. Look over the gelcoat and trailer too. Once you sign it's yours and dealing with warranty issues can be a pain. Do not let a couple of lemons sway you, although it does suck that Triton and their parent company aren't stepping up.
    this is excellent advice, I did not do it, but I certainly will in the future

8. Member
    My 2020 21 TrX is a great boat. Fast like my 2014 was.

9. Member
    To me it is not about if a boat is good, it is about how the manufactor stands behind there product & triton do not stand behind there product. I will never own a triton, would buy bayliner before triton.

Absolutely. I love mine its a great boat. The fit and finish is great and its very well laid out and full of great features for the price. I dont regret my choice at all and im proud to own one. Its a very quick boat and rides great too. Im sure not gonna let one case posted on here deter me from the whole brand. It sucks that guy is having so much trouble but i personally think there is more to the story honestly and im just gonna leave it at that. Too many good boats and well taken care of customers out there to condemn the whole brand im sorry thats unreasonable there is no way that every single case is taken care of perfectly by any brands there are unhappy customers with everything.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

11. Member
    I guess the big question is will Triton be around in another year word is that JM will shut down the manufacturing of the brand and I'm not stirring the pot just stating the facts coming from owning 3 of them in the past ?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    I guess the big question is will Triton be around in another year word is that JM will shut down the manufacturing of the brand and I'm not stirring the pot just stating the facts coming from owning 3 of them in the past ?
    Triton isn’t going anywhere.

13. Member
    I have a 2018 20 TRX and have had Zero issues.I fish tournaments everyweek and run the crap out of it.ZERO issues

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Absolutely. I love mine its a great boat. The fit and finish is great and its very well laid out and full of great features for the price. I dont regret my choice at all and im proud to own one. Its a very quick boat and rides great too. Im sure not gonna let one case posted on here deter me from the whole brand. It sucks that guy is having so much trouble but i personally think there is more to the story honestly and im just gonna leave it at that. Too many good boats and well taken care of customers out there to condemn the whole brand im sorry thats unreasonable there is no way that every single case is taken care of perfectly by any brands there are unhappy customers with everything.
    Trust me I know the original poster personally and there is not “more to the story”. That boat has been a hunk of shit since the first day on the water for break in, in which he was stranded with his issue. Faulty circuit breaker kept tripping as soon as you’d turn the power switch on the dash board, etc. that was day ONE. That poster is one of the most understanding nicest guys you could ever meet. I bought the same year 189trx from the same place. Now it’s not been a pain in the ass like his but it’s had leaks all over the place. No way it was tank tested. NO you may not want to judge the boats off one story but it’s how the company treats you IF YOU HAVE ISSUES. Put yourself in his shoes. They may build a good boat but I’m Bieber owning a boat with customer support like that.

15. Member
    i was told not to buy my tr196 boat,ill handling very bad boats,i have no problems with mine and really like it and then i see a ill handling tr196 running 100 mph,point is boats,cars,motorcycles all have some problems and a few are just bad but i would not call them all lemons,i hope the dealer gets the problems fixed for you

Triton is coming out with a new tin model i seen a sneak peak of the brochure on instagram. Most companies that are gonna be shut down dont come out with new products. Where you getting those “facts”?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by cobracrazed View Post
    Trust me I know the original poster personally and there is not “more to the story”. That boat has been a hunk of shit since the first day on the water for break in, in which he was stranded with his issue. Faulty circuit breaker kept tripping as soon as you’d turn the power switch on the dash board, etc. that was day ONE. That poster is one of the most understanding nicest guys you could ever meet. I bought the same year 189trx from the same place. Now it’s not been a pain in the ass like his but it’s had leaks all over the place. No way it was tank tested. NO you may not want to judge the boats off one story but it’s how the company treats you IF YOU HAVE ISSUES. Put yourself in his shoes. They may build a good boat but I’m Bieber owning a boat with customer support like that.
    Myself in his shoes. I would not of put up with that for that long period. It sucks that hes going through all that but if i went through a couple months of that story and it wasnt to my satisfaction and they didnt want to do anything if be getting a lawyer period. Nice guys finish last on that stuff and everyone on that other thread keeps saying lawyer up and he never does why? Seems simple to me if you so pissed off and its all legit whats stopping him from doing it?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

People have been saying that since the day they bought Triton. Not saying it will never happen but there are also a lot of Chicken Littles out there.

A far as 2018 quality, keep in mind the internet magnifies everything and you only see the negative. Also, you only see one side of the story. When I read between the lines of a lot of the sob stories on here, I can see places where the poster may have either caused a lot of their own pain or simply does not know what they are talking about. One should take internet comments with copious amounts of salt.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

19. Member
    Have a 2017 20 TRX Patriot.. love this boat and never had any issues with the boat .. my Lowrance unit went out but factory sent me a new one... no leaks everything runs and performs well... this is my second one had a 2012 18se great boat too with now issues

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobracrazed View Post
    I was treated just the opposite...I took my ‘17 20txr in for a crack that was no more than 1” long and asked if they could have it repaired. Got a call that they were replacing my boat. I don’t know what caused the crack, but they could have tried gettin away with and chancing a repair cause that’s all I was asking for, but they replaced it with ‘19 model. I have NO complaints with triton. I for one would say they stand behind what they build. My ‘17 had no leaks and my ‘19 has no leaks either. Seriously considering goin to 21txr sometime this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast