Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    I just sold my 20 model and picking up my Caymas this week, been waiting for Triton to send me new seats since the end of September. I’m on a list of nine they are having to replace. Few other things weren’t exactly right but my dealer fixed it. I think it’s about like anything else, quality has gone to crap.

There are bugs with everything tho nothing is perfect. Mine didnt come with gas shocks on the lids and the hotfoot had a casting issue causing it to catch and i had to re route some of tbe wiring more to my liking. All easy fixes. Some of the wiring i was like why would you route it that way but ok. Certainly nothing to wanna kick it to the curb. So whose to say that caymas is going to be perfect? Brand new company could mean alot of issues too.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Member
    I had a TR-21 2002 / tr21x 2008 / 20xs 2013 loved them all I don't have any facts just what I heard and still have a big spot in my heart for a fast hull like my old TR series but we have seen it before and I'm just wondering if we will see it again. Not trying to stir the pot or ruffle any ones feathers, but I would like to see them stay in business but now that they are under JM umbrella who knows? do any of you know for a fact that Triton isn't going anywhere? exactly just a I have n idea if they are staying, just saying.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    There are bugs with everything tho nothing is perfect. Mine didnt come with gas shocks on the lids and the hotfoot had a casting issue causing it to catch and i had to re route some of tbe wiring more to my liking. All easy fixes. Some of the wiring i was like why would you route it that way but ok. Certainly nothing to wanna kick it to the curb. So whose to say that caymas is going to be perfect? Brand new company could mean alot of issues too.
    You could very well be correct on the possible issues with Caymas but I’d be willing to bet that Earl will address them before Triton would.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    You could very well be correct on the possible issues with Caymas but I’d be willing to bet that Earl will address them before Triton would.
    Hopefully you get a boat you want and preferrably dont have to find out how their customer service is
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    I see more Tritons on the waters here in NC than any other brand of bass boat.. significantly more. From what I can tell, Triton has perhaps the strongest following of the JM brands... can't imagine they'd shut it down. Boat building has been ENORMOUSLY lucrative in this decade, Triton as an entity has to be just printing money for JM right now.

Enormously happy with my 2020. I will say the total lack of customer support from Triton on that one thread is very concerning, but dude definitely needs to just lawyer up and they'll probably resolve it much more quickly
    2020 Triton TRX189 B B W
    Mercury ProXS 150 I B O
    Garmin EchoMAP Plus (2x) G A L
    Toyota 4Runner D F

7. Member
    I've owned champions and Rangers in the past and like my Triton as well as any. I am surprised to hear that the boat business is all that lucrative . I was told by a dealer at a local fishing/boat show that bass boat sales are about 6000 units a year divided among all brands and has remained stagnant over the last 3 years or so.
    Anyone who would use their own money to start up a bass boat business has balls that clank if those numbers are accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Triton is coming out with a new tin model i seen a sneak peak of the brochure on instagram. Most companies that are gonna be shut down dont come out with new products. Where you getting those “facts”?
    They are unveiling a new glass boat at the classic that will knock your socks off. Wont be a cheap model by any means. It's a 21 foot model with a ton of cool features.

9. Member
    Triton boats coming out of the new plant in Midway Ark are some of the best built boats Triton has ever made. Triton did have a few boats that leak, that's why they put in a test tank. Triton has 5 new models for 2020, some will be introduced at the Classic.

10. Member
    I love my new 2020 Triton TRX189 bass boat.

11. Member
    tritons are a good value if you dont believe it look what used ones are selling for the demand is great for used top shape 20 to 21 ft boats. everybody that builds boats has a problem now an then if you are building 12 boats a day you are going to have the opportunity for more issues than the builder that builds 2 a day or one every 3 days its just numbers nobody likes it but it happens . unless you are on a boat x y or z boat board that all the people love their new boat there will be folks unhappy with their purchase from time to time.

12. Member
    I am not familiar with the original poster discussed in this thread. Sorry he had issues. Bought my 2104 18xs new in Nashville when I lived in Tennessee. It has been a great boat for me. would not hesitate to buy another Triton. Got my eyes on the new 19trx patriot when i am ready to upgrade. Hope he finally gets his issues resolved. 75% of the bass boats in my new club in North Carolina have Triton's.I also see a ton of triton boats on the water in the Raleigh area lakes. it a very popular brand around here.

USA

I’ve had many opportunities to choose other brands over the years. And I haven’t. I’ve been running Triton Boats since 2004 and simply put, I still run them today. Matter of fact, my newest rig will be delivering this week or next. I know it’s the right boat for me and it’s the right boat for about anyone. If you’re looking for a boat which continues to have aggressive styling and is performance packed with endless features that are tailored to all levels and a price point that makes it an easy decision to get more for your money spent.... then Triton Boats is your answer
    Last edited by Caymas ProXS; 01-20-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    Triton boats coming out of the new plant in Midway Ark are some of the best built boats Triton has ever made. Triton did have a few boats that leak, that's why they put in a test tank. Triton has 5 new models for 2020, some will be introduced at the Classic.
    Looking forward to seeing what they are gonna offer. I find it unlikely that a brand that just got all setup in a new facility and putting out new models is going anywhere. Theres always those people that heard it from the dealer who heard it from their 12th cousin 6 times removed and on and on. Gets old.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    Is there anyway to confirm where my boat was built? It is a 2019 18 TRX. Just curious if all of those boats were built at Midway or if a guy has to run the serial number to find out. Thx

Your dealer knows just ring him and ask. He would have received a variety of correspondence during the ordering and build process. Let’s say it was built in missouri, would it really make any difference or is it just curiosity?
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Is there anyway to confirm where my boat was built? It is a 2019 18 TRX. Just curious if all of those boats were built at Midway or if a guy has to run the serial number to find out. Thx
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

17. Member
    I purchased a new old stock 2018 189trx back in early spring, I had some issues with the motor (That's not Triton's fault) and my dealer got that taken care of. As far as the boat itself the headrest on the passenger seat was deformed from the cover pulling it down for so long and a couple of the adhesive pads were coming apart from the same thing. When the dealer was working on the motor they had to remove it from the transom, when they were putting it back on the splash well formed some hairlines. My dealer talked to Triton and got the repairs approved with no issues, this includes a new seat. They even agreed to put off the splash well repair until this winter as I suggested to see if the cracks would get any worse. They haven't so I'm gonna making arrangements to have that repaired very soon.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo59 View Post
    Your dealer knows just ring him and ask. He would have received a variety of correspondence during the ordering and build process. Let’s say it was built in missouri, would it really make any difference or is it just curiosity?
    no difference at all, just trying to learn all I can about my boat and its origin. I’ve had my boat in the water enough to know no serious issues that I can identify.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    no difference at all, just trying to learn all I can about my boat and its origin. I’ve had my boat in the water enough to know no serious issues that I can identify.
    Your boat was built at the Midway facility more than likely.

20. Banned
    I have a 2019 Triton 21 TrXS and I absolutely love the way it rides.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast