Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Power Pole Charge Review - is it worth it?

In short I will say, I love it and my batteries are always topped off.

Long review:
    my current setup:
    Skeeter FX20
    4 Solix 12’s
    HB 360
    3 Battle Born Batteries
    1 Group 31 AGM
    graphs have 8 gauge wire running to a bus bar and power leads from the Units are about 1.5’

So our lakes around here are small, typically no longer than a mile long or maybe a little longer. I thought this would be best to test out on being I rarely run the big motor and in the winter it’s just the family and I sitting in a spot crappie fishing. That being said it’s not unrealistic to say that we will just spot lock in a spot for 1-2 hours. Also my kids like to play with the graphs so I run all four without going on standby.

I always had issues with my graphs turning off with the big motor on after sitting in a spot for long periods of time. So I measured voltage at the bus bar furthest from the motor and also check what the graphs read. They were always consistent and rarely dropped more than .1v.

after 5 days of fishing running very little on the big motor I have not had one graph turn off when I powered on my big motor. That is great news to me. Without charging my batteries it has read consistently 98% or higher charge anytime I check it When I’m not running. I watch the app and it it prioritized to the starting battery.

overall I will say....
    it was a pretty big chunk of coin to buy a charger but at the same time if it keeps my batteries topped off and my graphs never shut down without using standby mode, then it is definitely worth it.

just my two cents, I hope that sheds some light on the Power Pole Charge.

lastly, I am not sponsored by anybody, I don’t fish tournaments, just love spending time on the water and sharing my passions with my kids.

also a shout out to K&K Kustomz and Kevin for being able to get me one when they were sold out, never met the guy but he seems very honest, transparent and easy to work with.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 01-19-2020 at 09:34 AM.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Thank you for your purchase and review ... We have The CHARGE in stock and ready to ship

"When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

4. Member
    Waiting for my new batteries to arrive before installing mine
    2017 Z521C with Evinrude G2 250 HO
    2020 RT198 with Merc 150 Pro XS

Well I have one and have been out twice for an all day of fishing. No problems worked as advertised a game changer.
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sheeterhdip225 View Post
    Well I have one and have been out twice for an all day of fishing. No problems worked as advertised a game changer.

7. Member
    I just got mine from k and k and it seems like a solid addition to the boat.

One thing I can not figure out though. On the app, it shows emergency start not available. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t figure out why. Any ideas would be welcomed!

Quote Originally Posted by NHLEO View Post
    I just got mine from k and k and it seems like a solid addition to the boat.

One thing I can not figure out though. On the app, it shows emergency start not available. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t figure out why. Any ideas would be welcomed!
    I am using the Android APP and if you read the help you will find that it is only there or available when the cranking battery falls below sufficient power to start the engine.
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sheeterhdip225 View Post
    I am using the Android APP and if you read the help you will find that it is only there or available when the cranking battery falls below sufficient power to start the engine.
    yes, only available when its needed.

10. Member
    Thanks guys, appreciate it

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NHLEO View Post
    Thanks guys, appreciate it
    hopefully you never see it active! Lol

Not sure this is in the manual but I was locked out of the charge unit I could not get any info from my APP (android). By pushing the orange charge button in for 3 to 5 sec you then can get the app to work again.
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired

13. Member
    anyone else have a review to share? I am interesting in buying but I have not heard many reviews.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    anyone else have a review to share? I am interesting in buying but I have not heard many reviews.
    when your ready to order let us know we have the best price and free shipping.

15. Member
    I have been pleased with mine so far. The app can be a little cantankerous at times.

I’m constantly having issues with the Bluetooth connection and C-Monster app. The Bluetooth connection for my Charge and one of Powerpole Blades constantly drops off / lose Bluetooth connection. Powerpole keeps telling me if the unit happens to lose Bluetooth connection you can hold the C-Monster program button down on the Charge for 5 seconds and that will re set the Bluetooth signal. If the unit doesn't come up then you can hold the program button down for about 12 to 15 seconds and that will do a hard re set on the unit itself.

I must say that this is annoying since I am constantly having to reset the Charge and one of my blades. Sometimes it isn’t even recognizing the device. I have to delete the app and start over adding each device.

is anyone else experiencing this issue?
    Chris Hoffman
    Londonderry, NH

2022 SKEETER FXR20 APEX w/ 250hp SHO
    1x APEX 13 MSI+, 1x Solix 12 chirp MSI+ G3, 1x Solix 15 chirp MSI+ G3. AS GPS HS, Mega 360 Imaging. MK Ultrex MDI w/ iPilot link, MegaLive with Targetlock and 8’ MK
    Raptors and Ionic Lithium Batteries

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸><(((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸><(((º>.·´¯`·. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸. ·´ ¯`·...><(((º>

17. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HoffaFXR20 View Post
    I’m constantly having issues with the Bluetooth connection and C-Monster app. The Bluetooth connection for my Charge and one of Powerpole Blades constantly drops off / lose Bluetooth connection. Powerpole keeps telling me if the unit happens to lose Bluetooth connection you can hold the C-Monster program button down on the Charge for 5 seconds and that will re set the Bluetooth signal. If the unit doesn't come up then you can hold the program button down for about 12 to 15 seconds and that will do a hard re set on the unit itself.

I must say that this is annoying since I am constantly having to reset the Charge and one of my blades. Sometimes it isn’t even recognizing the device. I have to delete the app and start over adding each device.

is anyone else experiencing this issue?
    may not be the charge..may be something w the board in that pump..if wanted test theory swap boards and now see if the other side is the one that loses connection now. Just a theory....

18. Member
    I love mine.
    2017 Z521C with Evinrude G2 250 HO
    2020 RT198 with Merc 150 Pro XS

19. Member
    Had major problems last year with another charger brand, Big engine failed to start a few times last year, really worried me as I was in the middle of nowhere. So I chatted with my local PP dealer\marina and after lots of discussions we installed it. Works as advertised. I check my voltage on graphs and if the voltage gets low I crank up my engine, top off my TM batteries and keep fishing. Now to level set I am running 4 Garmin 8410's Livescope, TM and live wells so I am power hungry but to date my boat has always started when I need it and TM never crapped out because of voltage. Worth every penny to get it done. But one thing I do just in case is I have a lithium jump pack in the boat. I like the peace of mind and if for some reason my Lithium's go to sleep I can use it to wake them but again.
    Great product IMO get it you won't regret it
    Risen From The Ashes!!

Love my Charge coupled with Ionic lithium’s. 3 x 50ah and a 125ah cranking.
    just spent 5 days on Pickwick. Four days doing a lot of idling/graphing as well as fishing and then one day fishing a tournament. Tournament day Had a long run to start and finish (10 miles) and a couple of short runs during the day.
    i never once plugged my boat in... not a single time! When I got home my cranking battery was at 77% and my trollers were at 80%
    Im running 3 x 12” Garmins, Livescope, Dual Poles, 36v Ultrex and livewells running all day on the tournament day.
    i could not be more pleased with my setup!!
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast