Solix 15 G1 - Imported Waypoints via GPX file cannot remove Waypoint Name visibility.

I imported some waypoints via a GPX file which contain the waypoint name and GPS coordinates. If I go into the default settings and select Icon only the waypoints do not disappear on the waypoints I imported. If I manually input the waypoint the names disappear. Anyone run into this issue or were able to solve?

Image from iOS (3).jpgImage from iOS (2).jpg

2. Member
    GPX is for Garmin. You need to covert the GPX to HWR for Humminbirds.

https://www.gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabel/gpsbabel_convert

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked247 View Post
    GPX is for Garmin. You need to covert the GPX to HWR for Humminbirds.

https://www.gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabel/gpsbabel_convert
    Solix also uses GPX files

Check your default settings for waypoints and groups

if all else fails open the file with HumminbirdPC edit then save as a different GPX file to import to Solix

I use a Garmin program to view, edit and update my waypoints

I import them all the time and have no issues deleting and or editing them on the Solix
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    When you select “Icon Only” that means it will display the “Symbol” ONLY and not the “Name” you have given the waypoint. It will still display the actual waypoint. I use some programming software that can make the waypoints “visible” or not. If I make the waypoint “invisible”, the waypoint/waypoints I choose will still be in the waypoint library but will not appear on my chart. I can change one, many or all of my waypoints in just a few seconds.
    If you select “Icon Only” as the default BEFORE you import them, only the “Symbol” will appear. Changing that setting after importing will not change them. You will have to change each waypoint individually.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

5. Member
    The biggest issues you will have using HumminbirdPC to edit Solix waypoints will be how your symbols and colors are handled. Not all of the symbols and settings are the same between Helix and Solix units so HumminbirdPC may “strip” some of the settings on your Solix waypoints when you edit them and reimport them into your Solix unit. I use a programming software to easily edit all my waypoints. I can select one, many or all of my waypoints and change anything with just a click of the mouse and entering my desired info, such as “symbols”, “colors”, “groups”, “visibility” etc.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

6. Member
    OLD post I know, did a search, but I am trying to edit all my Solix waypoints over 1,000 and organize into groups by lake. It is a pain to do this via the Solix one at a time. Is there some software for my PC that can do this easily in bulk?

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scubatelco View Post
    OLD post I know, did a search, but I am trying to edit all my Solix waypoints over 1,000 and organize into groups by lake. It is a pain to do this via the Solix one at a time. Is there some software for my PC that can do this easily in bulk?
    It's super easy with some software I use. You can make bulk edits to as many waypoints you select.

P.M. Sent
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

8. Member
    Thanks for all your help Mike2718. Working great

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scubatelco View Post
    Thanks for all your help Mike2718. Working great
    You're very welcome. Glad everything worked out!!
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike