Red Polyflake difference.

I was wondering about color changes over the years in Ranger's polyflake. I just bought new red fenders and they don't match my boat. I also bought a 1lb of red flake at the same time for repairs that dosen't match. Obviously ranger match the build sheet for the colors. My boat has a more gold color to the flake and the fenders kind of black. I just assumed it was fading but the entire boat is like this. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks Mike.

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324

Not saying this is your issue buttt the sun will change the color of any gel and also the flake...I see it all the time. I’ve had several red flake boats that the flake had changed colors from what you could see around the storage boxes.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    is it possible that you got the wrong red? There has been red mist and anniversary red mist for years, and in 2018 I believe is when they also added fire red mist.

4. Member
    There is also Crimson Red Mist that has gold flake in the red. I had this color a few years back on a Z520.

5. Member
    if you call Ranger and know your boat serial #, they should be able to call up the specific color.

Ranger uses polymist now which is a finer flake than the older polyflake. I believe it was to reduce clogging in the guns.
    2019 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2

A 1990 Boat is not going to be the same color as when it was new, they fade over time...subtlety, but it’s there. That’s why it’s such an art when good glass guys are able to fade in repairs that can’t be seen.

8. Member
    Here's a photo. I realize its old and there will be some fading. Other than use its been garage kept its entire life.

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324