Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The Cougar is the closest to your 99 Jag for the front deck has a similar layout with the added bonus of an extended starboard rod locker and enclosed flipping deck. You will miss the side passenger rod box when you do switch. Being able to walk from the front to the back easily is one of the best features of the original Jag.

I owned a 00 Jag for 13 years. I did the seat, locks and steering wheel upgrade and I can honestly say I miss it. However, I am currently in a Puma and although it took me a while to get over my Jag, I really like the Puma. I have the model w/ the gas tank under the seat with two 10 gal kicker tanks in the back. I miss the underseat storage of the Jag, but the belly tank is ideal for the shallow river fishing I do. Most of the time I only fill the belly tank and only fill the rear tanks if I know I am making a long run. I get on pad in 3 ft w/out issues and that is with a manual jack plate.

I keep toying with the idea of upgrading to a new Cat and the Caracal keeps catching my eye due to the wider deck and ideal size. My home water is the James River so I don't need the size I would if it was the Potomac or larger lakes in Texas. If I did fish those larger bodies of water more I would give the Cougar a strong look for I like the layout and it would remind me of my beloved Jag. Having said that, if my numbers hit, I'd order a new Jag and extend my garage to make it fit.

You truly can't go wrong with any of the ones you are looking at. Good luck in your search.
    Last edited by rlb8s; 01-25-2020 at 07:06 AM.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12