"Cleveland is a drinking town with a football problem"

This is by far the best sign I saw in one of the booths at the Cleveland Boat Show. This is the best boat I saw:

20200117_172002.jpg

Fishermans Central is now selling them and had a very nice layout of Vexus, Phoenix and Skeeter boats as well as promoting their new store/dealership at Catawba. Here is another of their one of their boats that was pretty impressive, a Phoenix 721.

20200117_172132.jpg

Of course FC had a big display of tackle for sale and so did Holy Mackerel and Mogadore Baits.

FC was not the only contingent of bass boats. Vic's Sport Center had a huge display of Rangers, Tritons and Sportscraft, both bass and walleye, both glass and tin.

Cabela's was there with Nirtros (bass and walleye), tin Trackers and Mako. Of course the usually contingent of fishing boats and pontoons were there from Buckeye Sports, Boat Masters, Ravanna Marine and Charles Mills.

The nicest yachts were at South Shore Marine but I had left my check book at home and couldn't take advantage of the $757,000 boat show special of the 41 foot Sabre. But I think it was last year's model and didn't have the flying bridge so I was kinda luke warm anyhow.

Plenty of Erie boats, sailboats and jets skis. A bigger layout and lots more boats than in years past. By far the best boat show here in the last 5 years.
    Last edited by JHelms; 01-18-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Only $757,000! I better dash up there real quick before someone else beats me to it LOL!
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

3. Member
    vexus says starting at about pricing, bet it was much higher than sign?
    the phoenix is much higher then their advertised price also on package deal?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    I'd like to try to crack that Vexus up on Lake Erie. I've cracked about every other brand ,LOL.

5. Member
    I saw the VX 21 at the cinci boat show this weekend, and I agree that it was very well done! Price as laid out at the show was $95K, but that’s what you get when you deck it out with expensive electronics. Yes, expensive, but holy cow the wake boat prices....

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Flyer View Post
    I saw the VX 21 at the cinci boat show this weekend...
    Who's carrying Vexus in the Cincinnati area???... Dan

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Who's carrying Vexus in the Cincinnati area???... Dan

https://www.ssmarina.com/

basscats and vexus
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

How was the Cleveland Boat show from a bass fisherman? Was there many bass fishing tackle vendors?
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

I know I did not attend based on past history (it sucked).. Maybe if I was looking for a boat I might have..

It would be great if it comes back to be a fishing show and I know FC is trying hard to make that happen. Meanwhile, I'll spend my time at the Columbus show :-) Kind of hard to believe that we can't have a kick ass fishing show right on the shores of Lake Erie Ugh!!
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eriedude View Post
    I'd like to try to crack that Vexus up on Lake Erie. I've cracked about every other brand ,LOL.
    I’d love to see some Erie reviews come out for the glass Vexus models. The hull looked deeper and higher than most other bass boats. I would say comparable in size to my Jag, which I have managed to not break yet on Erie (other than a few accessory parts here and there).

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitaker201 View Post
    How was the Cleveland Boat show from a bass fisherman? Was there many bass fishing tackle vendors?
    Not good from a bass fisherman's perspective. Nothing like 20 years ago. Maybe a dozen glass bass boats combined. Very few fishing vendors and the ones there looked like a flea market.