Wayne question - if you were going to upgrade... which unit

I have a solix gen 1 SI/DI Mega on the console, and a Helix 12 SI gen 1 on the bow with a standard 360, and of course a Ethernet switch, and an Ultrex w/GPS

now... should I move the solix to the bow.. and get a New Solix so I can run a Mega 360 ?

OR... just replace my Helix with a new one - I will use the 360 on the bow mostly....

thoughts ?
    2017 Lund alaskan 1800 Side Console 90hp, Lvl 2. Merc mon
    Ultrex iPilot Link, Console Solix Mega 12SI, Bow Helix 12 SI/DI GPS bow, and humminbird 360 / SI on bow..

You cannot share the MEGA 360 between SOLIX and Helix and cannot share it between Helix first generation and Helix G3N.

Sooo, that leaves the choice of a SOLIX G2 at the bow and your SOLIX.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Banned
    Not Wayne but I'll give you an opinion. I choose to upgrade the Helix on my bow to another helix even though I run two solix gn2 at my console. Why? Because the split screens on the helix are able to be adjusted in size while the solix aren't. I like having a small map window and a large 360 side by side.

4. Member
    Those SOLIX really suck down the batteries too...

The way I run mine is I have quick connects on my Helix so I can move it to the back when trolling, or keep it up front when I’m fishing from up there.

Which brings in a REALLY good question - is the Mega 360 have a quick disconnect ??? SOLIX doesn’t for sure.
    2017 Lund alaskan 1800 Side Console 90hp, Lvl 2. Merc mon
    Ultrex iPilot Link, Console Solix Mega 12SI, Bow Helix 12 SI/DI GPS bow, and humminbird 360 / SI on bow..

Quote Originally Posted by Spotshooter View Post
    Those SOLIX really suck down the batteries too...

The way I run mine is I have quick connects on my Helix so I can move it to the back when trolling, or keep it up front when I’m fishing from up there.

Which brings in a REALLY good question - is the Mega 360 have a quick disconnect ??? SOLIX doesn’t for sure.
    The MEGA 360 has a regular transducer plug so it is quick disconnect with a Helix and single port with a SOLIX.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    Not Wayne but I'll give you an opinion. I choose to upgrade the Helix on my bow to another helix even though I run two solix gn2 at my console. Why? Because the split screens on the helix are able to be adjusted in size while the solix aren't. I like having a small map window and a large 360 side by side.
    Yeah that's a real let down on.the solid units not being able to adjust split screen.